Sr Mechanical Engineer
Job TitleSr Mechanical Engineer
Job DescriptionOur Team
Respironics Novametrix LLC, a subsidiary of Philips Healthcare and world leader in capnography sensors and related accessories, is looking to expand its Wallingford, CT team. Our vision is to deliver clinical solutions to our customers, whether indirectly through Original Equipment Manufacturers of medical equipment, or directly to clinical capnography users. Our history is grounded in the expert development of non-invasive cardio-respiratory sensors, measurements, and clinical decision support. Our products are key vital signs measurements found in patient monitor, defibrillators, critical care ventilators and diagnostic and therapeutic medical devices. Research and development are at the core of the future of the respiratory gas measurement field and are a key part of Respironics’ strategy for growth.
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care.
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Our Mechanical Engineer:
- Conceives, designs, develops, evaluates and implements new systems and products in the field of medical gas sensor product development;
- Has experience designing injection molded components and extruded tubing assemblies with a variety of polymer and thermoplastic resins and adhesives;
- Has transitioned new products from design/development into manufacturing;
- Utilizes best practices in mechanical design analysis, modeling and tolerance analysis to produce a highly viable mechanical solution for micro-electronic, mechanical and optical components;
- Creates documentation, including: component details, assembly details, incoming and finished inspection requirements, through the use of CAD as a design tool.
- Is a self-starter, action oriented, organized and disciplined;
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Works with project team members to produce development plans and identify and mitigate development risks;
- Keeps abreast of technical developments in own field through literature, technical contacts and industry competition.
What a Mechanical Engineer does:
- Develops state-of-the-art medical monitoring equipment, including related disposable and reusable accessories, with attention to safety, performance, customer needs, cost and manufacturability.
- Delights customers with innovative solutions to customer needs at the right cost;
- Translates system requirements into detailed mechanical requirements and specifications, including identifying critical-to-Quality criteria.
- Meets the regulatory requirements from the medical device industry, international standards and internal Philips standards.
- Works closely with in-house manufacturing to develop efficient and effective assembly processes, production tooling, production documentation and test procedures;
- Works with project team members to produce development plans and identify and mitigate development risks.
- Contributes to overall success of the company by establishing and meeting aggressive product development schedules, accepting and managing appropriate risks and by recognizing and reporting issues at the earliest possible time.
Our Mechanical Engineer has the following background, qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in successful new or sustaining product development;
- Experience in working in a regulated environment; medical device experience highly desirable;
- 3-D modeling in SolidWorks (preferred) or similar tool (Pro-E/Creo/WindChill). Certifications in SolidWorks and/or Pro-E highly desirable;
- Strong mechanical design and analysis skills, strong knowledge of tools such as MATLAB, FEA, SolidWorks, Pro-E packages.
- Experience working with and managing suppliers and external contacts
- Documentation experience, including modeling, drawings, bills of material, change orders
- B.S. / M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline required
- Experience with labeling development from requirements capture to design, development, verification and manufacturing transfer is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top