Sr. Manager Software Engineering
Job TitleSr. Manager Software Engineering
We welcome you to join Volcano a Philips Company as an Sr. Manager Software Engineering in our Rancho Cordova, CA location
In your role, you have the opportunity to Work with cutting edge product line
IGT Devices is part of the Philips Image Guided Therapy (IGT) business group.
- Manage and coach direct reports and other engineers and assign them appropriate development opportunities
- Develop and foster employee motivation and morale through leadership, positive working relationships, growth opportunities, rewards, and recognition
- Instill developer accountability by setting expectations, putting in place good team management disciplines and providing direct feedback
- Manage staffing levels to match budgets and meet the approved new product development roadmap needs, including full-time and temporary employees and independent contractors
- Ensure staff is properly trained on technical and management skills and on applicable regulations, SOPs, WIs necessary to perform at a high level
- Act to ensure that software development timelines, budgets, and quality and performance requirements are routinely met, Identify and remove roadblocks
- Champion software development methodologies and tools required to develop products in support of overall business objectives
- Establish and maintain software development processes in accordance with medical device regulations and company procedures. Investigate opportunities to improve software development methodologies and level of rigor to be applied across multiple projects and over multiple sites.
- Develop an automated testing development culture. Assure that the design and development of new software includes requirements for automated unit testing, interface testing, integration and system level testing
- Develop or facilitate engineering development of rapid prototypes to evaluate technical feasibility and elaborate functional requirements
- Maintain configuration management and support of multiple product revisions. Includes providing vision and direction for applying automated testing, static testing, and dynamic testing to nightly builds and smoke testing of developer builds.
- Oversee technical support to Manufacturing, Field Service, Sales, Marketing and Clinical (training and documentation support for multiple product lines)
- Provide input on strategic planning and administrative matters
- Participate in the development of the multiyear strategic plan and new product development roadmap
- Develop and administer annual software R&D budget
- Allocate resources to approved projects
- Contribute to, and at times serve as project manager for, critical software projects to ensure development objectives and timelines are met
Experience you bring to the role
- 10 + years of software engineering experience including at least 5 years of project and/or functional management experience
- Successful management of a software component in at least one complex multidisciplinary project required. Experience must include project planning and task estimation.
- Experience managing a geographically distributed team a plus
- Experience in multi-process/processor, multi-threaded software development required
- Experience in architecture, design and modeling utilizing UML targeting the Windows operating system required
- Experience and knowledge with medical product industry and specifically Medical Software Safety regulations from the FDA, IEC, AAMI, IEEE, and ISO working in regulated medical products industry required; experience working with sterile single-use disposable devices preferred
- Experience using multiple software development tools, modeling tools and bug tracking tools required
- Experience working in the medical imaging industry preferred, ultrasound and catheter-based ultrasound (IVUS) experience a strong plus
- Seasoned knowledge of the software/hardware development life cycle including planning, risk analysis, requirements, architectural design, development, verification and validation testing.
- Experience with embedded software/firmware, real-time operating systems preferred
- Knowledge of documentation control systems and experience with source code control systems, Perforce preferred.
You are a part of
Our solutions combine navigational tools such as catheters and guide wires with advanced software to help confirm the optimal treatment at the point of care: measurement technology, procedure-specific application support and on-board imaging and monitoring with improved anatomical and functional information to optimize therapy delivery. The IGT Devices organization consists of three segments: Coronary, Peripheral Vascular and Electrophysiology.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering required; Master's preferred
- Project Management training a strong plus
- Well-versed in state-of-the-art software development tools and methodologies such as Agile development methodologies, etc.
In return, we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips – working cross functionally with R & D, on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people's lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watch this video Experience Philips Volcano in Virtual Reality
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top