Sr. Manager, R&D
Sr. Manager, R&D
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Lead a highly skilled, passionate team of R&D engineers developing world-class products for peripheral and coronary interventions. You will be responsible for developing a strong R&D team and driving critical NPI efforts. Longer-term focus will be on driving innovation and organizational development within the new products framework for future pipeline opportunities.
You are responsible for:
- Leading/Managing the R&D team, related processes, and staff in the execution of world class new product introductions.
- Attracting, retaining, and developing teammates to ensure the best talent is on the team. Effectively executes performance management to continually improve the talent base.
- Creating and maintaining a positive and engaging culture within the R&D function, and ensuring strong cross-functional collaborating with other functions within NPI.
- Delivering new products to the market on time, cost, and quality, at the right capacity.
- Developing programs, projects, goals, and metrics to drive world class new product introductions.
- Assessing and implementing programs to address organizational capability needs to achieve the strategic plans for new products.
- Preparing multi-year engineering budgets and investment plans including staffing, expense, control, and capital.
- Ensuring all employees adhere to all applicable cGMPs, ISO, FDA, corporate, division and local procedures.
You are a part of:
A talented team of dedicated R&D experts leading Image Guided Therapy (IGT) Industry, driving innovation in coronary and peripheral laser atherectomy.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- BS Engineering degree, advanced degree preferred
- 8+ total years' experience in expanding engineering leadership roles (R&D, Product Development, Program Management, etc.) in a highly regulated industry (medical devices or pharmaceutical strongly preferred)
- Successful record of accomplishment leading people, executing complex new product development projects / programs / improvement opportunities (timelines, quality, capacity, capability, cost, productivity, etc.).
- Strong leadership skills (change management, communications, building rapport and executing within a complex matrixed organization)
- Effectively communicates to numerous stakeholders including senior management, other Business Groups, internal and/or external customers and staff.
- Proficient with FDA QSR/cGMP and ISO13485 requirements to maintain commitment to environmental and quality regulations.
In return, we offer you:
The opportunity to make fundamental R&D contributions to our Image Guided Therapy Product Development/ NPI efforts, that will help save and improve the lives of millions of people around the world.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top