Sr Manager Internal Controls North America
Sr Manager Internal Controls North America
In this role, you have the opportunity to
You have the opportunity to drive the assessment of risks and internal control over financial reporting (ICOFR). Key activities include performing ICOFR risk impact assessment on new or existing processes, developing and maintaining Corporate SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) framework, advising on the design, implementation of controls, support the remediation of control deficiencies and remediate design gaps for a process. This is a challenging role requiring adherence to deadlines, communication skills and a flexible approach.
You are responsible for
- Help create value for the finance organization by designing efficient solutions to drive operational efficiencies, compliance with company policies, and thereby reducing risk of material financial reporting misstatements.
- Administration of the quarterly and annual Sarbanes-Oxley certification processes.
- Represent Internal Controls in selected Audit & Risk Committees.
- Participate in system and project implementations which have Internal Control /SOX implications.
- Work closely with different levels of management and business process owners to ensure key controls are timely identified and embedded in the process, tested, and operating effectively.
- Monitor and advice process owners on action plans for remediation of deficient controls on a timely basis.
- Perform root cause analysis and design efficient and effective remediation plans.
- Work closely with process/control owners to ensure that audit findings are timely resolved.
- Contribute to the preparation of periodic reporting to key stakeholders such as senior management.
- Identify opportunity to increase efficiency and continuously improve on the existing internal control framework.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Head of Finance, Business Process, Control Owners and Internal Audit to determine key risk areas that needs process improvement.
- Assist in developing practical approaches and solutions that address internal control compliance challenges and issues.
You are a part of
The Global Internal Control Team (ICT), who is the global team responsible for securing compliance with Philips' Internal Control System and the Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX), as well as, for driving and executing strategic programs in the Internal Control domain with a view to always maintain the robustness of the Philips internal control framework. ICT is part of Accounting, Reporting & Internal Control (ARIC) within the Philips Finance organization.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; Masters preferred.
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) or Certified Internal Audit (CIA) is a plus.
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience.
- Experience as an auditor (preferably in one of the Big 4 public accounting firms).
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Experience in finance compliance is a must.
- Able to identify, document and evaluate key financial and business control processes within a global organization.
- Ability to comprehend the relationship between different control procedures and objectives and the impact on overall internal control framework.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and ability to gain respect of senior management.
- Knowledge of MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Knowledge of Internal control compliance tool is a plus.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Highly motivated and able to manage in a changing environment.
- Confident communicator with strong inter-personal skills, effective in dealing with people at all levels.
- Comfortable working in a team and independently, willing and able to take on responsibility.
- 20 - 30% travel is required.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Succeeding in this role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Call to Action / Contact
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top