Sr Manager Hardware Engineering, Consoles R&D
Job TitleSr Manager Hardware Engineering, Consoles R&D
As the SR MANAGER HARDWARE ENGINEERING, we are looking for an experienced technical leader to direct the hardware engineering innovation, development, and sustaining efforts for our intravascular imaging and functional measurement consoles.
Are you an accomplished leader who is able to blend deep technical subject matter expertise with an energizing leadership style? If so, you will lead a diverse team of highly capable hardware engineers and must be able to motivate and inspire your team to overcome obstacles and deliver complex electromechanical projects on-schedule and within budget.
You will also be required to bring your experience interfacing with leadership counterparts in the software, systems, and disposables engineering functions to ensure success of multi-disciplinary projects. You will have to earn the trust of your subordinates, superiors, and peers while also creating a results oriented culture built on transparency and accountability. If you are a self-starter with a track record of consistently delivering high quality results – this could be the role for you!
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA
- Recruit, develop, and retain a world class hardware engineering organization
- Coach direct reports and other engineers and assign them appropriate development opportunities
- Promote and participate in a knowledge sharing environment
- Develop and foster employee motivation and morale through leadership, positive working relationships, growth opportunities, rewards, and recognition
- Instill accountability by setting expectations, putting in place good team management disciplines and providing direct feedback
- Manage staffing levels to match budgets and meet the approved new product development roadmap needs, including full-time and temporary employees and independent contractors
- Ensure team is properly trained on technical and management skills and on applicable regulations, SOPs, WIs necessary to perform at a high level
- Act to ensure that hardware development timelines, budgets, and quality and performance requirements are routinely met
- Provide high level technical leadership in the design, development, verification and documentation of mechanical and electrical projects
- Contribute to architecture and technical design discussions, design reviews and technical design/specifications in collaboration with the project team
- Establish and maintain hardware development processes in accordance with medical device regulations and company procedures. Investigate opportunities to improve hardware development methodologies and level of rigor to be applied across multiple projects
- Identify and remove roadblocks
- Champion hardware development methodologies and tools required to develop products in support of overall business objectives
- Develop a culture that promotes prototyping, reviewing and testing early and often
- Develop or facilitate engineering development of rapid prototypes to evaluate technical feasibility and elaborate functional requirements
- Oversee technical support to Manufacturing, Field Service, Sales, Marketing and Clinical (training and documentation support for multiple product lines)
- Provide input on strategic planning and administrative matters
- Participate in the development of the multiyear strategic plan and new product development roadmap
- Develop and administer annual hardware R&D budget
- Allocate resources to approved projects
- Contribute to, and at times serve as project manager for, critical hardware projects to ensure development objectives and timelines are met. Directly manage special engineering projects (e.g. cost reduction, quality improvement)
Specific Skill Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree or MS in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering equivalent
- Project Management training a strong plus
- Good mix of strategic and execution capabilities
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in various engineering positions (design and management, electrical (mixed-signal) and mechanical) including project and/or functional management experience
- Strong Engineering Management experience, including planning and leading of teams (10) of experienced and specialized engineers
- Experience with complex electromechanical systems, analog and digital design as well as mechanical design and fabrication processes
- Medical device Research and Development experience is a must
- Medical device project documentation and regulations experience is a must
- Familiar with design techniques and trade-offs on improving performance, cost and manufacturability
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Call to Action:
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today!
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top