Sr. Manager - Firmware Engineering
- Woodinville, WA
Sr. Manager - Firmware Engineering
Philips Oral Healthcare is committed to bringing our customers the best in-mouth experience, while providing the oral healthcare our customers deserve. With the strong link between oral health and heart health, we are helping people to live longer, healthier lives.
Philips Oral Healthcare is committed to helping each employee reach their own personal goals for development. With the mentoring/coaching programs, stretch assignments, etc., offered to employees, you design your own career path.
Provides leadership on technological competence for a Firmware team. May have influence on certain parts of the development policy.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Recruit, set goals and appraise group members.
- Align functional aspects with other functions
- Plan and allocate the group resources
- Solve functional escalations.
- Provide functional input to the OHC X-Leadership (I&D, BLT, Ops, Q&R, Procurement)
- Coordinate workload of group members in the segments
- Coach, instruct and support group members in daily execution on content and processes.
- Coach and support project core team members on the application of Lean Scheduling as part of their standard work during project execution
- Review Functional Deliverables of your direct reports to ensure Quality of work
- Coach and support group members in using the Lean Scheduling as part of their daily way of working during project execution
- You create a lean and engaging environment where people can thrive
- Develop and maintain functional specific training and training plans for employees
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 10+ years of experience developing FW in a team environment
- 3+ years managing a team of Developers
- Team building and employee engagement.
- Establish and maintain functional procedures, guidelines and templates.
- Ensure that the competence level of group members is appropriate for their role (incl. Training Plan)
- Ensure that capacity plan is in line with sub-business commitments
- Establish and maintain the functional continuous improvement program.
- Quality and efficiency of output of group members (incl. their contribution to LEAN I2M)
- Establish and maintain the functional knowledge base.
- Provide functional input (opportunities, ideas) to the Sub Business roadmap.
- Attract, develop, engage and retain your team members.
- You drive ambition towards our vision, act as a coach and co-own the career development plans of your team members.
- Review group members on Lean Schedule, focusing on clarity/ sharpness of decisions and whether the right input is defined form functional perspective
- Ensure QMS processes for function are established and maintained. Training developed and deployed
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to this location
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top