Sr. Manager, Engineering and Development
- Bothell, WA
Sr. Manager, Engineering and Development
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be a hands-on player, leader, managing and inspiring the Embedded Systems Team at Philips Oral Healthcare! Your primary focus is to effectively represent the embedded team in future portfolio discussions while leading, directing and driving the team to execute on the current portfolio programs.
You are responsible for
- Executing on the organization's strategy, providing clearly defined success criteria and levels of accountability for individuals in the team.
- Removing impediments for the progress of the teams and acting as escalation point.
- Consistently delivering high quality software while maintaining an advance level of software craftsmanship.
- Bringing key domain knowledge from past experience to direct team to resolve complex technical problems.
- Ensuring adherence to all applicable development processes, legal, quality, security, regulatory requirements.
- Mentoring and growing high performing teams, using best in class practices regarding recruitment and selection, goal setting and performance appraisals.
- Fostering an engaged, innovative and inspiring working environment in the teams by motivating, challenging and coaching employees.
- Actively managing the portfolio of resources, tools and training to accomplish current and future key objectives.
- Contributing to the technical innovation of the product and/or systems which the teams are accountable for (i.e. providing insights, handles-on technical reviews and continuous feedback).
- Collaborating with relevant stakeholders establishing an effective network to obtain input on technological developments, identifying trends and opportunities.
You are a part of
Philips Oral Healthcare is committed to bringing our customers the best in-mouth experience we can provide while providing them with the oral healthcare they deserve. With the strong link between oral health and heart health, we are helping people to live longer, healthier lives.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS or MS in Engineering/Computer Science or another technical discipline
- 10+ years of experience in embedded or firmware development
- 3+ years of experience managing technical development teams, with proven results
- Hands-on experience in embedded software development using C and assembly programming languages on 8-bit micro-controllers up to 32 bit microcontrollers
- Ability to understand business and technical requirements to lead teams around a common vision to execute
- Strong people management skills, with ability to influence direct and in-direct reports
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to communicate across all levels of the organization both technical and non-technical
- Experience in medical device product development is strongly preferred
- Experience in wireless technologies such as BLE, Wi-Fi, Zigbee, etc. is strongly preferred
In return, we offer you
Philips is committed to helping each employee reach their own personal goals for development. With the mentoring/coaching programs, stretch assignments offered to employees. We also offer a competitive compensation, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the A
mericans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top