Sr Global Product Manager
Job TitleSr Global Product Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Work hand-in-hand with our provider customers to transform the home healthcare market to meet the significant demands caused by the increase of chronic diseases and an aging society. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for at-risk individuals in the home through better awareness, diagnosis, treatment, monitoring, and management of their conditions.
You are responsible for
- Develop an intimate knowledge of global customer needs and competitors, identify global market trends and drivers, and formulate and execute a strategic marketing plan.
- Act as a subject matter expert for their accountable respiratory product portfolio
- Working knowledge of device connectivity options, clinical systems and their application in the healthcare environment.
- Help define product platforms that support growth, product evolution, modular designs
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the payers and users worldwide, an in-depth clinical and technical knowledge of all products and services, and a thorough understanding of the global marketplace.
- Create key marketing documents to enable successful development (i.e. Idea Brief, Product Strategy Brief, MRD, Market Validation Plan, Product Launch Package)
- Develop business requirements for new product and enhancements to existing products; work with R&D on functional specifications and feature/function prioritization
- Work across R&D, Services and Operations (helping lead "heavyweight teams" where applicable) to develop integrated offerings that meet the needs of priority customer segments, tailored by market
- Drive overall execution of development and launch of products/solutions in all markets as part of a cross functional business team including BG/BIU Management, Sales, Field Marketing, Operations and Finance
- Develop business cases for new products and services for consideration in the portfolio management process
- Obtain global customer requirements and product specifications via market research activities, market analysis, and on-going communication with global marketing and sales
- Superior business acumen and GM mindset (position likely to be a rotational role for future GMs)
- Boldness to create/shape markets whenever possible, exploiting Philips technologies, market positions and brand
- Work with Field Marketing to enable the market sales teams (e.g., conduct presentations ahead of new product launch)
- Conduct customer executive presentations, coordinated as part of sales campaigns with priority customers
- Own development of global new product/solution training content
- Develop and maintain five-year strategic vision for product roadmap (for internal stakeholders and customers)
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, clinical or engineering related discipline; MBA preferred
- 10+ years in marketing, clinical management, product development or related field
- Experience in high-tech, healthcare/med-tech solutions businesses
- Demonstrated leadership in Medical Device product development, product management, and/or project management. Experience in regulated environment highly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning and budgeting
- Skilled in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required.
- Ability to synthesize market and customer feedback and existing and new products into solutions; comfortable with making tradeoffs, decisively
- Proven communication skills and ability to influence colleagues
- Expertise delivering complex projects to meet demanding feature, cost, quality and introduction date targets
- Demonstrable communication skills and ability to lead an organization to develop market leading products/solutions
- High-tech product launch experience (clinical experience a nice to have)
- Fluent in hardware and software product development, including quality and reliability techniques
- Comfortable with approximately 30% travel (including international travel) required.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top