Sr. Electronics Engineer
Job TitleSr. Electronics Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
The electronics engineer is responsible for technical realization of a product release/lifecycle management. The scope includes translation of user requirements, requirements management, technical approach, design specification and interfaces, feasibility of potential solutions, allocation of derived requirements and traceability, design reviews, integration coordination, technical liaison to the program, technical roadmap, defect management/root cause analysis and risk management.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Overall technical responsibility for realization of a new product or component release or sustaining activity – leading the analysis, design, test, troubleshoot, document of internal or supplier mechatronic systems and/or sub-systems.
- Translation of user requirements, regulatory requirements, manufacturing requirements, service requirements, process requirements into device and component requirement specification, interface speciation, and top level device and component design.
- Requirements management, decomposition of derived requirements, feasibility of potential solutions, design options and decision, verification and validation planning and design.
- Design process compliance assurance, design quality assurance and design reviews
- Technical management of medical device and components during product life cycle.
- Design risk management
- Defect management
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor of Science in Systems, Electrical, Computer Science, Physics, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent degree in a Scientific/Engineering discipline.
10+ years of experience in an engineering role
- Evidence of practical knowledge of standards and regulations pertaining to the medical device industry, both domestic and international. This includes but is not limited to organizations such as FDA, IEC, ISO, CFDA, ACR, AAPM, COCIR, MITA and other directives such as RoHS and WEEE. Examples include: FDA 21CFR820.30, IEC 60601-1 and ISO 14971.
- Proven excellence in technical leadership in a matrix environment, including demonstrated ability to influence indirect resources.
- Design control process management track record
- Working knowledge of tools and processes related to system configuration management from specifications development, traceability, version control, defect tracking and field feedback.
- Knowledge and experience spanning multiple engineering disciplines (e.g. mechanical, software and systems engineering).
- Demonstrable clear oral communication, as well as well-organized documentation skills; excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Ability to drive solutions and decisions in a cross-functional team environment.
- Experience in requirements management tool, design quality management tools, risk management tools, and problem reporting/defect tracking tools.
- Hands on experience on FMEA, Fault Tree analysis, Reliability block diagrams preparation and RCA techniques, design and simulation tools and CADs.
- Demonstrated capability to conduct and lead technical reviews of product design elements.
- Demonstrated ability in leading evolution of a complex feature, where analysis requires both evaluation of multiple candidate solutions and significant evaluation of intangibles.
In this role we offer you
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top