Sr Electronics Engineer
Job TitleSr Electronics Engineer
Philips Volcano is looking for an experienced mixed-signal Sr. Electronic Engineer to contribute as a member of the hardware engineering group on our product development activities for our intravascular imaging and functional measurement consoles.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished electronic engineer who is able to deliver high quality designs within project timelines considering the medical device constraints.
Working with a diverse team of highly capable hardware engineers (digital, analog, firmware, mechanical, electro-mechanical), the candidate must be able to take a design concept (at block diagram or requirements level) and produce complete, working hardware throughout the development process using, when needed, simulation, design activities, directing layout, prototypes, design reviews, verification plans, certification plans and transfer to production.
This role also require the electronic engineer to interface with other functions like firmware, software or manufacturing. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a track record of consistently delivering high quality results.
- Electronic Design
- Develop functioning prototype systems and devices (including design, documentation, testing, and rapid iteration) for both new and existing products
- Design, developing, modifying and evaluating analog and mixed signal circuits and systems.
- Write and lead reviews of technical design support documentation, test protocols and reports
- Verification, Certification and Design Transfer
- Lead and participate in Technical Design Reviews as an author, independent reviewers or subject matter expert
- Lead agency testing and certification process with outside agency on IEC60601 standards
- Lead design transfer activities to manufacturing (PCBA, assembly) providing work instructions and qualification procedure and equipment
Specific Skill Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a mixed-signal (analog and digital design) electronic product development environment
- Strong small signal analog and signal processing experience including digital communication (USB2-3, Ethernet)
- Experience in developing digital integrated circuits, including FPGA design, synthesis, timing analysis, simulation and debug.
- Medical or highly regulated product experience is a plus
- Bachelor Degree or MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- The candidate must have strong problem solving skills, be a good communicator, and work independently or as part of a team to achieve project and business objectives
- Project Management training a plus
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Call to Action:
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today!
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top