Sr. Electrical Engineer/Analog
- Carlsbad, CA
Sr. Electrical Engineer/Analog
You will be responsible for development of the sophisticated electrical architectures and the design of respiratory care medical equipment. You will design complex fault tolerant systems, PCBAs and FPGAs for embedded systems implementing power management, PWM motor controllers and valve drivers utilizing closed loop controllers, USB, Ethernet, LVDS and LCD Drivers, touch screen controllers, and WiFi. You will participate in design challenges from the 'paper-is-white' concept design phase through line-down production failure investigations. You will be responsible for all aspects of design documentation including requirements specification, engineering simulation and analysis, schematic capture, test plans/procedures, V&V plans and protocols, the release of designs and products to production, production start-up support and failure investigation.
The successful candidate will:
- Create robust and reliable System/PCBA/FPGA designs for critical care medical equipment (respiratory care) with complex electro-mechanical, electro-pneumatic, user interface requirements while maintaining fault tolerance and cost competitiveness.
- Develop and document designs in compliance with Quality System and regulatory requirements.
- Integrate new technology, techniques and concepts to enhance functionality, simplify designs, improve reliability, and reduce development and production costs.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering and contract manufacturers to plan and execute design optimization for Manufacturability and Testability.
- Develop, define and specify system and subsystem architectures and solutions that address Marketing requirements, project needs and that meet all regulatory and compliance requirements and industry standards.
- Interpret the relevant standards that apply to the product under development and ensure that your design meet the applicable standards.
- Work with Development Teams, Operations/Manufacturing Engineering, contract manufacturers and suppliers to plan and develop Design for Manufacturability and Design for Testability Plans
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- The ability to efficiently analyze and resolve complex technical issues and evaluate tradeoffs to resolve technical problems and achieve overall project objectives
- Strong and broad technical competency
- Demonstrable strong and detailed analysis capability
- Ability to lead as well as participate on cross functional project teams
- Ability to be an effective technical leader in multidiscipline projects
- Ability to work independently
- A history of robust, reliable and innovative designs brought into production
- The ability to meet project commitments (schedule, cost, and requirements)
- A history of cooperation and technical leadership
- Interpersonal and influencing skills (across the organizational levels)
- Enthusiastic and proactive participation
- Ability to concurrently handle multiple project assignments.
- Strategic thinking skills, creativity, organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communications skills, and the ability to negotiate solutions.
- This position requires a BSEE (or equivalent) from an accredited university, MSEE desired
- 5+ years of experience in electrical design, with demonstrated success carrying projects through to a robust, verified, producible design and volume production
- 5+ years of experience with detailed analog, power circuitry and switching power supply design and analysis
- 3+ years of experience FPGA development, simulation and analysis experience, preferably with VHDL
- 5+ years of experience developing micro-processor/controller based embedded systems
- 5+ years of experience designing low-noise mixed signal PCBs
- Strong experience with DFM/DFT
- Solid experience with worst-case analysis, root-cause analysis, failure investigation, timing analysis, etc.
- Must be proficient with CAE tools such as Spice, Schematic Capture, FPGA IDE's, as well as experienced with PCB Layout tools
- Demonstrable experience developing system solutions with cross-disciplinary development teams and bringing them to market
- Demonstrable experience leading, coordinating and solving problems with cross-disciplinary development teams
- System and Subsystem Simulation experience
- Experience developing Electronic Medical equipment/products
- Medical or DOD, or Aerospace work environment experience
- Medical Ventilation experience
- Digital Signal Processing and DSP on FPGAs
- Design supporting "Built-in Test", POST, etc.
- Ethernet, SPI, I2C, USB, LVDS and video
In return, we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips - working cross functionally with R & D, on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people's lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top