Sr Director Q&R Personal Care
Job TitleSr Director Q&R Personal Care
Job DescriptionIn this role, you have the opportunity to
help build Royal Philips into an industry leading organization through quality excellence, improved customer experience and proactive regulatory compliance. We are looking for a strong leader with excellent communication skills and deep content Quality knowledge. Global Experience in a highly regulated industry is preferred to support a growth business. While ensuring continuing compliance, your major focus will be on driving product quality. You will be leading the Personal Care Quality & Regulatory Affairs organization (of around 150 employees) via 5 direct reports. We are looking for a strong and forceful leader who can motivate and steer the team and stakeholders. We are open for people with an Operations or Innovation background as well!
You are responsible for
- Providing leadership and direction to the Quality and Regulatory Organization in support of the BG Personal Care, including business units (Male Grooming & Beauty).
- Acting as the management representative for all key regulatory agencies for product safety and quality (e.g: US FDA, China FDA). Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with US FDA and other international regulatory bodies.
- Proactively ensuring all auditable facilities (e.g: manufacturing, innovation, distribution etc.) consistently operate in a state of substantial compliance and inspection readiness; Proactively ensure all BG products, software, services and systems offered to customers and consumers consistently meet regulatory agency requirements.
- Establishing the vision and strategy for PC business management and quality systems, and practices to ensure consistent, standardized execution of Philips Excellence Process Framework processes.
- Establishing a strong core Q&R team and drives common goals and objectives to result in improved customer experience, operational excellence & proactive regulatory compliance.
- As a people manager you are responsible to attract, develop, engage and retain your team members. You drive ambition towards our vision, act as a coach and co-own the career development plans of your team members.
- Providing direction to senior management and leadership teams in various areas, groups, and/or operations.
- Ensuring (in alignment with key stakeholders) the right Quality mindset in the Business and the realization of Business quality targets through proactive approach to Quality (e.g: "design-in" Quality vs. inspection)
- Proactively ensuring compliance to all applicable regulations; Accountable for effective oversight on all operational processes End2End and throughout the product/software/service/systems lifecycle
- Leading and driving effective deployment of the Philips Excellence Process Framework and Quality Management Systems (PEPF and PEQS)
- Effectively working with the capability leaders to ensure all quality & regulatory demands are met for the business
- Participating with BG Personal Care Leadership Team and other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- As an expert in the field, using professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters.
- Interacting internally and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of extremely critical matters. Influences policymaking.
- Business magnitude: over € 2000 M
- Managing global or department budget over € 10 M.
You are a part of
The Personal Care business group, which is part of Personal Health, aims to be the first choice for consumers and retailers by delivering innovative solutions that help people look and feel their best. We work hard to deliver insights in consumer, shopper, market and retail developments around the world, and provide clear directions for business improvement by monitoring the position of brand, sales and products. The Personal Care (PC) strategy builds on the global health technology strategy by inspiring healthy living. Our two businesses, Male Grooming and Beauty, each have a strong core business that delivers high profitability. We will continue to build our globally recognized brands and drive more high-profit growth.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Minimum Education & Training Requirements: Bachelor/Master's Degree or PhD Degree in a technical discipline
- 12-15 years of industry experience (e.g. automotive, pharma, aerospace, medical device) or consumer durables with FDA experience)
- Senior leadership experience in various aspects of Q&R AND preferably in at least one operating process domain (Product development, Operations, Supply chain, etc.)
- Able to build strong and effective teams in a cross functional setting
- Must be familiar with business process management framework including common industry practices
- Experience in change management is required.
- Relevant training, experience and certification in Continuous Improvement practices such as Lean/ Six Sigma highly preferred
- Business Acumen and strong Business Partnering Skills
- Effective Communicator and relation builder/ networker
- Willing to travel up to 30 to 40% (mainly to China, Hong Kong, Austria)
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- a market conform salary
- 25 Holidays per calendar year
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- A company car or kilometer allowance
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Long-term incentives grant and opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top