Sr. Director of Design, Patient Care Monitor Systems
Job TitleSr. Director of Design, Patient Care Monitor Systems
At Philips Design we believe that good design is about creating solutions that satisfy people needs, empower them and making them happier, all of this without destroying the world in which we live. But it is not all about hard work at Philips Design. We place an emphasis on stimulating creative juices and there are numerous opportunities and occasions to mix professionally and socially with colleagues from all disciplines from all over the world – all of which makes a career with us a very rich and rewarding experience.
The Design Business Partner for Patient Care Monitoring Solutions develops and activates a design strategy for the Patient Care Monitoring Solutions business, to support them in achieving their business targets. Acting as a design thought leader inspiring and realizing intriguing propositions to drive market and brand leadership. Managing design programs (delivery time and quality) and related investments on behalf of the business.
You are responsible for co-driving the business
- Develops and maintains a high level of intimacy with the business, based on a deep domain understanding of the market and the business
- Partners with, consult with and influence the business area on Design needs to enable delivery of business targets.
- Being accountable for providing design strategy and roadmap within a locally relevant framework, which improves the quality of business decisions and drives business value.
- Manages stake holder perception.
You are responsible for Providing Design thought leadership
- Be a design thought leader and inspire on creativity and ideation.
- Provide the outside- in perspective, being provocative by taking intriguing positions based on market trends and customer needs.
- Propose pro-active propositions to stimulate the debate about (cross) Category new value spaces, redefine business space towards market and brand leadership.
- Ensuring the development and access to relevant design knowledge and capabilities (e.g. providing input for People strategy within global function).
You are responsible for global Programming & Delivery towards respective Business
- Develop long term (cross) Category design strategies and roadmaps and translates the business design needs into design programs
- Manage (cross) business design programs and related design investments
- Develop Design AOP, drive it to business acceptance and control the expenses relative to the budget on behalf of the business.
- Ensure competitive and cost effective delivery of Design towards the business
- Creative directing the quality of the design delivery.
You are responsible for Safeguarding cross business consistency
- Monitor (cross) business design quality across the total health Continuum in line with brand and design standards and initiate corrective action when needed
- Enforce compliance to design standardization and harmonization
You will be directing a small team of product and communication designers. You as well as that team are part of the larger Philips Design organization of approximately 380 designers supporting all of our Philips businesses around the world. Your team is also in close contact with the Patient Care Monitoring Solutions business categories and works closely with marketing and engineering. We create the future identity for the PCMS product and communication portfolio and execute this through guidelines, final design specifications and design projects.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
We are looking for
- Bachelor or Master Degree in a relevant Design or capability area.
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience in one or more specific business domains and in one or more markets and cultures.
- You have worked in multidisciplinary teams and partnered with specialists beyond Design.
- Is able to manage stakeholders within own profession as well as in the business on all levels.
- Has been member of a management team of a business, or has worked closely with such a team
- Has experience in leading people.
- Demonstrates business acumen.
- Design Management experience.
If you’re interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume, portfolio and motivation letter through the Philips career site.
After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for face-to-face recruitment- and business interviews.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top