Sr. Business analyst
Job TitleSr. Business analyst
Great innovations start with the people that are passionate and skilled enough to create them. As a diversified health and well-being company, Philips focuses on improving people's lives through those timely and meaningful innovations.
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. The development of the solution requires a multidisciplinary approach and knowledge of principles, theories and concepts. Determines feasibility of new concepts or projects. May lead multi-disciplinary change projects, indirectly managing a number of people. Works independently and provides consultative advice within specific functional areas. Introduces methods/procedures that are new for the organization. Proficient in area of specialization and contributes in other disciplines.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide Global Sales and profitability analytics and market insights to the business, including customer segments/market. Assist pricing analysis and variance to forecast
- Support research of market opportunities, market penetration strategies and new product development (business case) opportunities
- Build actionable intelligence related to competitors, in concert with the Global Product Management and Market Intelligence teams (e.g., competitor profiles, strategies, value chain, market segmentation, market position and capabilities)
- Work with management teams to build and challenge business cases.
- Perform variance analysis of actual versus planned. Identify root cause for deviation and provide reports with explanation
- Support preparation of Annual Operating Plan, quarterly forecast and longer-term strategic plan
- Prepare monthly reporting package for business performance review
- Support the preparation of management presentations & attend regular management meetings to provide financial position update when required.
- Be the primary contact for various BU departments for sales data, financial information and support. Assist on preparation of departmental budget and controllable expenses
At Philips we are passionate about improving quality of life with solutions designed around the needs of customers and their patients. Innovation is driven by gaining insight to the needs of the people who use our sleep and respiratory solutions. This tradition of innovation, combined with our ability to anticipate market needs, has made Philips a global leader in the markets we serve.
This position reports works closely with the Finance Business Partner for the Sleep & Healthy Sleep Solutions Business Units and the Business leaders within BG Sleep and Respiratory Care. This individual will be the go-to person for data and business analytics, providing key strategic and analytic insight into the BU performance and strategy, developing analytical tools and processes to improve business performance, sales productivity and other key business performance indicators.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what's next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
We are looking for
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate with different levels of the organization
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail; ability to translate data into meaningful information and present that information to Management
- Ability to see the big picture as well as to focus on specific areas.
- Ability to travel when required
- Proactive self-starter who shows initiative to drive results
- Strong critical thinking to identify and synthesize patterns from emerging trends
- Ability to work well in a team and cooperate to achieve collective objectives. Collaborative mindset to work with and provide information to cross-section of functional teams
- Constantly challenge of existing way-of-work. Steadily seek process improvements
- Work well under pressure and be willing to put the energy to get the job done. Able to meet strict due dates and timelines
- Solid understanding of Marketing/Business cases and value creation principles
- Minimum of 8 years' experience. Previous exposure to finance & accounting. Experience with data analytics is a plus
- BS or BA degree required. MBA, preferred. CPA is a plus.
- Excellent PC skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with ERP reporting package, SAP and SAP Business Warehouse is desired
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today! Not yet ready to apply? That's okay! Learn more about us by joining our Talent Network on LinkedIn or following us on Twitter at @PhilipsJobsNA.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top