Solution Architect (Big Data)
Job TitleSolution Architect (Big Data)
Solution Architect (Big Data)
Philips is developing new cloud-based informatics based platforms like the Health Suite Digital Platform.
These platforms enable connected healthcare care and decision support for both patients and care providers.
Philips Research is the innovation engine of Philips. It is creating new innovative digital solutions and cloud based services on top of our informatics platforms. Our cloud-based environments (platform as a service offering) are used for big data decision support, high performance computing and optimizing workflows within a broad spectrum of care providers and healthcare institutes.
As solution architect you will be creating innovative top notch technology for new digital propositions. You will be working on the edge of today's technology in creating new innovation propositions that make use of big data, smart algorithms and deep learning technologies. You work beyond technical aspects of architecture and are able to define organizational, business and processes aspects of architecture. You are able to work with stakeholders within your project domain on next generation products/services and platforms.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A highly competitive salary package based on your background and experience
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
An overview of your tasks:
- Act as the lead for the translation of business objectives and requirements into functional solutions.
- Convert requirements into an architecture and design that ultimately constitute the blueprint for the solution.
- Consolidate with the stakeholders, leveraging technology and available platforms, contributing to/driving roadmaps, establishment of control points (IPR), implementation into solid platforms and supporting margin improvements.
- Ensure complete and up to date documentation of the architecture and implementation thereof to a level that it can be used by project teams; using (standard) methods & tools for a structured approach.
- Driving an accepted implementation of architecture, by explaining, convincing, involving of and cooperating with all functions, deciding; incl. supporting validation and verification; solving issues and learning from them; architecture lifecycle management and evaluation of platform usage.
- Act within the total context, (business, organization, roadmaps, external world, etc.): driving for convergence; capturing / re-use of prior art and in- and anticipating external trends. Balancing TTM, Quality, Cost
- Lead brainstorming sessions and identify areas for process improvements.
- Prepare and document testing requirements as well as all test data.
You ensure proper use of technical IT and data lifecycle management methodologies in/for Philips products and services. In addition you contribute to data lifecycle management/data analytics strategy within the Research program. You have a full understanding of the state-of-the-art technologies and create original contributions. You support important challenges in each phase of data lifecycle management (from data acquisition, via cleansing, integration, analysis to interpretation and visualization). This also includes domain specific IT infrastructures and techniques within clinical, acute care and population health.
We are looking for:
Our ideal candidate has:
- A MSc/BSc in mathematics, physics, computer science or another relevant area and +4 years senior working experience in an advanced IT technology setting;
- At least 2 years of applied research experience in the domain of big data lifecycle management and proven affinity to the research way of working in the Health-tech domain;
- Understanding of healthcare products and services is a pre;
- In-depth understanding of relevant upcoming technologies in big data analytics domain;
- Strong architectural knowledge and proven experience on digital platforms, cloud solutions, big data platforms and complex IT Infrastructures;
- Good programing skills (Java, Python) as well as knowledge and experience with database systems (SQL, non-SQL), tools for data integration, analysis, and data modeling. Broad experience with visualization is a plus;
- Practical experience and knowledge of various Linux distributions;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong personal relationships at all levels, both internal and external to Philips Research; with customers, obtain their user needs and be able to transform those into practical solutions;
- Team worker in multidisciplinary and international settings, able to adapt quickly;
- Fast learner able to quickly picking up new areas;
If you are interested, we kindly ask you to submit your application (only via the website). After a pre-selection process you can receive an invite for a further phone call screening by the Talent Acquisition Consultant.
When positive, you will be invited for (face-to-face) business interviews. The interviews will take place in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. The screening will take place after the closing date. Closing date of the posting is October 30, 2016.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top