Software Reliability Expert
Job TitleSoftware Reliability Expert
In this role, you have the opportunity to
You support the various US based Philips innovation sites as a senior quality and reliability consultant, responsible for the product quality management within product creation projects. These projects can cover every phase of the product life cycle, from design, manufacturing and/or market introduction and phase out and are mainly related to designing in, proving and improving quality and reliability aspects in new innovations and related production processes. You will play a crucial role in building up an Andover based Software and System Reliability Expert Service center. You will use your technical knowledge and problem solving capabilities to connect (with support of our business development managers) to the engineering teams at various Philips innovation centers, to offer and execute consultancy and engineering support activities.
- Be a competent software reliability expert that has a good overview over the Reliability issues and challenges in the medical devices domain
- Apply and Facilitate Design for SW-Reliability and Testing (DfX) best practices in development projects including system, unit, regression and corner case testing
- Work with project leaders, system architects and lead engineers to identify and manage Quality and Reliability requirements
- Build up a network for Software and System Reliability expert services at the various Philips US innovation sites. Develop actionable quality management plans to release products and processes according to specified quality levels
- Build insight of a software and System reliability support request, collecting all necessary information and team up when needed with your colleagues (in a Global Product Quality & Reliability team).
- Use established Software Reliability Engineering(SRE) framework in applying principles such as fault prevention, fault tolerance and fault finding principles
- Provide data driven expert opinion on root cause analysis of failure modes using Orthogonal Defect Classification (ODC) or similar other methodologies
- Manage your activities and services according to good project management practices
You are a part of
Philips innovation Services is a corporate group within the Philips Company, consisting of approximately 700 employees in the field of Consulting, engineering and other innovation services. You will also be part of a larger team of Product Quality & Reliability experts of Philips Innovation Services with a group located in The Netherlands. This is a dynamic group of more than 25 experts in the field of Reliability and Quality engineering having direct access to a brought range of product reliability test- and material analyze facilities and experts. You will report functionally to the manager of this team.
You will be in close contact with customer's R&D organization. So much that you often will feel as an associated team member there too. Our main customers are Philips Connected Care and Health Informatics, Philips Diagnosis and Treatment, Philips Personal Health, and Philips Research.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- You have a Master's degree in Computer Science, ECE, or Reliability Engineering; a PhD is a plus
- Certification in Software Quality Engineering(CSQE) from ASQ is desirable
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a professional product design environment in the embedded software or operating systems with interest in System Reliability aspects
- In-depth knowledge and a proven track record in implementing and applying concepts in the fields of designing in software reliability and problem solving techniques, preferably within an Agile environment
- A proven track record in experience in software reliability requirement and metrics development, static and dynamic analysis, verification and validation, traceability and management including generation of software operational profile
- Experience in working with Software Reliability Engineering(SRE) models including growth models and prediction models
- Experience with software fault tolerant designing and design for testability methods including software FMEA and FTA
Furthermore to be successful in this role you are
- You are a motivated self-propelling person, with determination to succeed and the ability to manage change
- You combine analytical and conceptual thinking, physical insight, flexibility and a hands-on mentality to deliver sustainable results and creative solutions.
- Customer focused, having consultancy skills
- The ability to connect with business stakeholders, having good communication skills and you are a team player.
- You are willing to travel regularly within the US and up to a several weeks a year to Europe.
In this role we offer you
- An inspiring work environment that is internationally and multidisciplinary oriented, with a variety of customers and projects.
- Stimulating challenges across a wide range of application domains, from developing state-of-the-art medical devices, to pioneering the latest lighting building systems, giving you the opportunity to expand your professional experience and exploit your talents to the full
- The opportunity to improve and create reliable products all over the world for a global leading-brand company that is dedicated to improving people's lives.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top