Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Join a dynamic, fast-moving software test and automation engineering team testing best-in-class Healthcare Informatics and Patient Monitoring solutions. Work with the latest Microsoft© integrated development environment (TFS), using the latest automation tooling.
You will be part of an established team committed to innovation and contribution, trust and respect, teamwork and uncompromising integrity. Cultivate effective working relationships with other test team members, software architects and developers. Track new product functionality. Maintain and enhance testing infrastructure, integrating new tools and technologies in a continuously evolving environment.
Candidate Profile :
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Nursing or relevant equivalent technical/clinical experience; MS preferred
- Understanding of server/client base application and environment
- Advanced querying and administrating Microsoft SQL Server Databases
- Basic knowledge of virtualized environment such as VMWare and HyperV
- Understanding and experience with HL7/medical device interfacing
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional, cross-discipline environment
- Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to understand and assess a complex software application or scenario with particular focus on the development and execution of comprehensive test scripts or protocols and defect (failure mode) detection
- Experience with Microsoft© Windows operating systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Self-starter, willing and able to quickly learn new applications and technologies
- Clinical knowledge of the ICU environment and clinical workflow
- Experienced in the deployment of enterprise wide network solutions in healthcare
- Demonstrated knowledge of TCP/IP, Cisco equipment and configurations, routing and switching a plus
- Experience developing automated regression and/or functional test suites a plus
Why should you join Philips ?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top