Software Project Engineer
Job TitleSoftware Project Engineer
We are looking for a Software Project Leader to join our Ultrasound Software Engineering organization in Andover, MA. In this role you will lead the software effort for new development projects. You will play a key role in bringing innovative ultrasound software products and solutions to market. This person will get to work with the best engineers in medical ultrasound and develop ultrasound products that are helping to save lives every day. We have product development activities taking place across multiple locations in the United States and around the world.
- Works with software development engineers, managers, Scrum Masters, and the program team to lead the planning, definition, specification, design, implementation, integration, and test of software solutions for new development projects.
- Ensures project execution is in line with project guidelines and directives. Determines project risks, defines corrective actions, and drives projects to closure. Determines and allocates project resources in accordance with guidelines.
- Works with project stakeholders to communicate and review plans, status, project risks, metrics, and resource requests.
- Works with other project leaders, Scrum Masters, Product Owners to manage cross-discipline and cross-project dependencies.
- Works with team members in Product/Clinical Marketing, Customer Services, and Supply Chain to ensure that implementations will meet customer and business needs.
- Leads software development efforts distributed across Philips sites in North America and India.
- Takes on additional project leadership assignments of varying scope and complexity as a member of the Ultrasound Software Engineering staff.
- Keeps abreast of developments in project management tools and processes (both internal and external). Ensures compliance to corporate and regulatory agency policies/rules/procedures.
What We Are Looking For
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- 5+ years experience leading software development efforts.
- Experience with working in an Agile development environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface in a cross-disciplinary manner, including with engineers, project leaders, and functional managers.
- Self-motivated individual with good organizational and time management skills.
- Strong potential and aspiration to develop and grow in the organization.
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) a plus.
- Familiarity with medical devices and/or working in a regulated environment a plus.
- Experience with working in a cross-site environment a plus.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top