Software Engineering Manager
Job TitleSoftware Engineering Manager
Software Engineering Manager
Competitive salary, benefits and options
Philips Respironics is the principal provider of innovative solutions for the global sleep and respiratory markets. Our success spans more than three decades and can be traced to a history deeply rooted in ingenuity and a passion to deliver solutions to those in need. This tradition of innovation, combined with an ability to anticipate market needs, is fundamental to the Company. It has made Philips Respironics a name acknowledged worldwide as a pace-setter in the sleep and respiratory markets.
We are passionate about improving quality of life with solutions designed around the needs of customers and their patients. Innovation at Philips Respironics is driven by gaining insight to the needs of the people who use our sleep, oxygen, and ventilation products. This tradition of innovation combined with our ability to anticipate market needs has made Philips Respironics a global leader in the markets we serve.
Great innovations start with the people that are passionate and skilled enough to create them. As a diversified health and well-being company, Philips focuses on improving people’s lives through those timely and meaningful innovations.
We challenge you to support the Philips’ as a Software Engineering Manager
- The Informatics and Applications Software Engineering Manager will drive an agile software development team to deliver enterprise grade software that scales across a multitude of fixed and cloud service assets and meets aggressive fault tolerance and performance standards.
- Ensure that your team is comprised of top performers delivering at or beyond expectation. In order to achieve this, you will be expected to:
- Hire exceptional people
- Inspire, motivate and create a mutually respectful work environment
- Set great objectives for the team and the individuals on the team
- Ensure that everyone on your team is delivering to the best of their ability
- Review individual and team performance honestly and diligently – and provide regular feedback to all team members
- Ensure each team member receives consistent training and mentoring to continue to raise the standard
- Ensure the software product deliverables are at the required functional, technical and quality levels:
- Liaise with the product owners and project managers to ensure all deliverables are as agreed and meet requirements
- Help to shape product direction by driving constant information-sharing and brain-storming between technical and business resources
- Liaise with the senior technical resources and subject matter experts both internal and external to the organization to ensure adherence to company technical direction
- Drive the team to deliver 100% quality
- Help to drive changes in our product and technical direction to ensure we are always at the leading edge
- Ensure your team understands and adheres to the company software product development process.
- Liaise with the rest of the development organization to help drive process improvement and keep it current.
- Ensure the best use of resources at all times
- Work with other Software Engineering Managers and business stakeholders to ensure the correct allocation of resources across all teams
- Allocate your team to their areas of strength – but ensure that they are constantly stretched and challenged – and are consistently motivated to excel
- Be the company representative on your team
- Be the conduit for delivering information from the Senior Leadership Team to your team and back up again
- Champion your team to the rest of the organization
- Manage costs for your team.
- Ensure your team’s project allocations are delivered within budget
- Ensure correct levels of remuneration for your team members
We are looking for
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills education and experience:
- Four-year college degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in product development and/or project management in a software company with emphasis on enterprise based software applications.
- Advanced knowledge of and working experience with an agile software development lifecycle using scrum methodology
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Working experience with products using cloud-hosted services
Some (but not extensive) travel will be required.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Call to Action / Contact
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top