Job TitleSoftware Engineer
As part of the Philips Wellcentive technology integration team, reporting directly to the Technical Integration Lead, you will be responsible for developing solutions, exploring technologies and building POCs in close coordination with the architects in support of realizing vision and strategy of Philips Population Health Management business.
a) Part of the platform and application development team.
b) Developing solutions that meets business needs and of high quality and meets internal standards around security and compliance
c) Technical liaison to all external stakeholders
This position is part of the Philips Wellcentive technology integration team, based in Atlanta, Georgia.
This is a chance to be part of creating the new future of healthcare. The Philips Wellcentive solution, together with the rest of the population health portfolio will enable unprecedented clinical programs to be implemented that affect the lives of millions of people.
We are looking for:
- A Software developer with an ability to lead technical discussions / decisions with other engineering disciplines.
- Someone who will work closely with Project Managers to develop and maintain Engineering work plans.
- A strong collaborator who participates / leads cross-functional teams during the analysis and definition of new features / requirements
- Strong analytical skill with the ability to negotiate and capture requirements accurately and succinctly.
- An engaged participant in all development tasks: definition, planning, design, implementation, integration, test, deployment and improvement.
- Someone who assures deliverables achieve expectations with respect to quality, safety, regulatory compliance, serviceability, cost and reliability.
- B.S. in Computer Science or like technical discipline, M.S. preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing quality code in Java, J2EE and Spring Framework in a product software development.
- At least 1 year of experience in developing REST web services and deep understanding microservice architectural patterns.
- Experience in tools like ANT, Maven, Jenkins and writing shell scripts to automate build, deploy of product code to cloud.
- Knowledge of any Linux OS, using Linux as development, deployment environment, shell scripting and basic python skills.
- Desirable: Working experience in AWS tools and worked on AWS APIs to automate infrastructure tasks.
- Desirable: Working experience in using container technologies like Docker or higher abstractions like Cloud Foundry.
- Desirable: Knowledge of Distributed systems, Hadoop, Hbase and Kafka.
- Desirable: Knowledge of BI tools like Qlik Sense and Tableau.
- Desirable: Experience in Healthcare domain, HL7, FHIR, CCDA and IHE integration profiles
- Desirable: experience in relational databases, (MySQL or PostgreSQL) writing SQL queries, fine tuning, debugging issues and database migration.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top