Job TitleSoftware Engineer
Great innovations start with the people that are passionate and skilled enough to create them. As a diversified health and well-being company, Philips focuses on improving people’s lives through those timely and meaningful innovations.
The incumbent will be responsible for the design, implementation, and documentation of high performance software applications that support and add value to Philips Respironics’ devices that assist with the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders. The candidate must be highly intelligent and be able to formulate creative solutions to difficult problems. Will work individually and/or with a team of skilled Software Engineers using an agile development process. Engineering skills, judgment, and experience will be applied to ensure product innovation, quality, and that project schedules are met.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, team oriented, new product development environment.
- Job skills & knowledge: Full knowledge and understanding of the work responsibilities. A consistent and aggressive commitment to the successful application of knowledge, skills, principles and practices that produce quality work and satisfied customers. Continue to add new knowledge for personal and organizational growth. Proactively share knowledge with others.
- Teamwork: A positive team member and leader, who listens to other opinions, accepts and uses suggestions for improvement and contributes to the overall team effort. Ability to flex assignments in order to meet group objectives and milestones.
- Innovation & change: While ensuring quality look for ways to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of the organization’s systems, processes and tools.
- Be flexible to change what is not working well.
- Sound decision-making logic. Think logically and practically when evaluating solutions. Use previous results as a method for learning and improving the quality of subsequent decisions. Continuously questions and confirms results and recognizes when results are not in line with expectations.
- Composure, timely decision making, listening skills, self motivation, and perseverance ar
- Growth: The successful candidate will use the lessons he/she has learned from his/her own experiences and learn from the team in order to help develop quality software applications on time and within budget.
At Philips Home Healthcare we are passionate about improving quality of life with solutions designed around the needs of customers and their patients. Innovation is driven by gaining insight to the needs of the people who use our sleep, oxygen, ventilation and respiratory drug delivery products. This tradition of innovation combined with our ability to anticipate market needs has made Philips Home Healthcare a global leader in the markets we serve.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
We are looking for
Completion of a Baccalaureate Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or software related program from an accredited university is required.
Seeking highly motivated Software Engineering professional with a passion for developing software applications. The ideal candidate will have 2 to 5 years of experience developing Microsoft Windows-based software products. The candidate will be required to demonstrate proficiency in:
- Object oriented design and implementation
- Object oriented programming in a language such as C# or Java (C# preferred)
- Microsoft Visual Studio and the .NET Framework
- Multi-processing and/or multi-threaded applications
- Documenting software requirements and designs
- Working effectively with individuals (software as well as non-software) on a project team
Experience with any of the following will be considered a plus:
- Installation tools including MSI and InstallShield
- Client/server software architectures
- Event driven UI programming using C# and ASP.NET
- SQL Server
- Developing medical related products
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today! Not yet ready to apply? That’s okay! Learn more about us by joining our Talent Network on LinkedIn or following us on Twitter at @PhilipsJobsNA.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top