Software Development Engineer ( Rancho Cordova, CA)
Job TitleSoftware Development Engineer ( Rancho Cordova, CA)
We welcome you to join Philips – Volcano as a Software Development Engineer working on the next generation of systems in intravascular imaging for coronary and peripheral applications in our Rancho Cordova, CA office
Are you driven Software Engineer who can demonstrate an innovation, problem solving, and a collaborative team development background then join us and contribute to the design and development of software for medical devices. In this role, you have the opportunity to Work with cutting edge product line IGT Devices is part of the Philips Image Guided Therapy (IGT) business group.
You are responsible for
- You will drive strategic decisions to move to GPU based image analysis and make a substantial contribution to the innovation of product and process.
- Responsible for moving the code from MATLAB to C++ on the GPU.
- Develops new products, using the latest technologies and resources, often realizing systems based on unverified specifications.
- Learns and applies company policies and procedures to resolve issue
- Demonstrates judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Develops, verifies, and documents software features or systems of the appropriate scope, or participates on a team developing software features
- Participates in department design and code reviews
- Adheres to coding standards and guidelines
- Executes system and algorithm performance testing
- Develops domain knowledge based on technical and academic literature, and may contribute to that literature
- Contributes to feasibility studies for new software products
- May be required to travel domestically
You are a part of
Through its multi-modality platform, Philips - Volcano is the global leader in intravascular imaging for coronary and peripheral applications, and physiology. We also offer a suite of peripheral therapeutic devices. We have a broad range of technologies that make imaging and therapy simpler, more informative and less invasive. We offer physicians and their patients around the world with industry-leading tools that aid diagnosis and guide and provide therapy in cardiovascular care and expanding into other specialties. We are focused on improving patient and economic outcomes
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
6+ years on the job is a Software Development role
- Experience developing C/C++ applications
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications on CPU/GPU
- Experience with Windows operating system
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle including requirements, architecture and design, code development, and verification
- Demonstrates mastery of C/C++ and CUDA
- Demonstrates skills with Microsoft Visual C++
- Qt, Thrust, OpenCL, and Boost skills is plus
- Learns and uses software engineering tools such as code review applications, configuration management applications, and integrated development environment
- Demonstrates strong organizational and interpersonal skills working in a cross-functional, regulated environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering
In return, we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips – working cross functionally with R & D, on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people's lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watch this video Experience Philips Volcano in Virtual Reality
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top