Software Development Engineer - Full Stack
Job TitleSoftware Development Engineer - Full Stack
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Do you want to accelerate the creation of the Internet of Things and the dramatic impact it will have on saving lives and the society as a whole?
Do you believe that connecting devices, including the services & experiences they deliver and the data produced, are game-changing?
Do you want to work in innovative projects to transform current software products to the cloud as well as help deliver on exciting new products?
In this role, you will be challenged to perform as a Software Development Engineer in the Philips Emergency Care & Resuscitation (ECR) Data Management Solutions Group (DMSG) team located in Bothell, WA. Bring your enthusiasm, energy, can-do attitude and drive to help build software to support Philip's Automated External Defibrillator (AED) customers.
You are responsible for
- Creating products according to the specifications and software development process
- Creating engineering documentation to comply with the product development policies, practices, and procedures
- Collaborating with Software Development Engineers and Software Test Engineers to deliver the highest quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Supporting cross functional (e.g., Support, Documentation) inquiries
- Supporting development efforts by aiding with testing and troubleshooting
- Supporting investigation and resolution of defects in the installed base of existing products
- Consistently meet scheduled deliverables and assigned tasks
- Writing engineering and/or project documentation with direction
- Mentoring other team members
- Participating in code reviews as directed
- Actively contributing to all aspects of agile software development: planning, tracking, architecture, development, configuration management, testing, integration, validation, and documentation.
You are a part of
The Data Management Solutions Group (DMSG) is part of the Philips Healthcare Emergency Care & Resuscitation (ECR) business unit located in Bothell, Washington. The DMSG team is responsible for delivering software products to Philips' Automated External Defibrillator (AED) & monitor/defibrillator customers & distributor that include ability to send patient vitals data, provide retrospective analysis of case data, support remote monitoring of device status, and set the configuration of the AED devices.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering or equivalent
- At least 2 years of software development work experience
- Understanding of HTTP / HTTPS protocol and REST web service development
- Working knowledge of Microsoft technologies & products (Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server (TFS), SQL Server, etc.)
- Software development experience in C# or Java
- Experience with Microsoft MVC or WebAPI
- Experience working in a Medical Device environment is a definite plus
- Working knowledge of agile development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe))
- Experience with SaaS and developing & deploying software in a cloud environment is a plus
- Understanding the complexity of implementing lean & agile development practices in a software development environment where there is a need to meet regulatory requirements is a big plus
- A team player eager to invest in personal and team growth
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa."
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top