Software Development Engineer
Software Development Engineer
Join our patient monitoring information center software development team as a software engineer in a fast-paced, high energy, and exciting work environment. Our industry leading products push the cutting-edge of clinical and hospital information technology in the patient monitoring field. If you are a software engineer interested in joining a world-class team developing innovative medical products using advanced technology software that help to improve and save lives every day this is the job for you.
- Develop software as a member of a highly motivated software development team focused on the creation of next generation medical information systems
- Translate user requirements into innovative solutions using the latest technology
- Write clear specifications, create detailed technical designs, and implement creative software solutions
- Show exceptional teamwork to meet commitments to our customers
- An experienced developer who can architect, design, code, and test complex solutions
- Strong C# / .NET development expertise
- Proficient at software design, debugging / troubleshooting, etc.
- Experience taking projects from beginning to end through all the phases of the software development life-cycle
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to produce high quality work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with good organizational and time management skills
- Working knowledge of databases, network protocols, and system performance is desirable but not required
This role will initially be based in our Andover office. Philips will be relocating this office to a new site at Cambridge Crossing , a large development underway on the Cambridge-Somerville-Boston line. This is a very exciting time to be joining Philips, as this new location will be our largest North American R&D innovation center. The new office is set to open in early 2020.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Andover.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
This role comes with competitive compensation, benefits and a generous holiday/vacation offering, but that's not all. At Philips we offer you:
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top