Software Development Engineer
Software Development Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Join our patient monitoring information center software development team as a software engineer in a fast-paced, high energy, and exciting work environment. Our industry leading products push the cutting-edge of clinical and hospital information technology in the patient monitoring field. If you are a software engineer interested in joining a world-class team developing innovative medical products using advanced technology software that help to improve and save lives every day this is the job for you.
You are responsible for:
- Develop software as a member of a highly motivated software development team focused on the creation of next generation medical information systems
- Translate user requirements into innovative solutions using the latest technology
- Write clear specifications, create detailed technical designs, and implement creative software solutions
- Show exceptional teamwork to meet commitments to our customers
You are a part of:
This position reports to the Principal Architect of Software Development for Philips Patient Monitoring Solutions and Networking team. You will work on meaningful work that will make a substantial contribution to the innovation of product and process. This person will develop new products, using the latest technologies and resources, often realising systems based on unverified specifications.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (or related field)
- Patient Analytics or Healthcare Domain knowledge highly preferred
- Proficient with advanced front end technologies such as Angular (2.0 or 4.0 preferably)
- Back-end Windows Development (C#)
- End to End development including database programming knowledge (SQL)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with good organizational and time management skills
- Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Andover.
- \"US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.\"
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top