Software Development Engineer - Automation
Software Development Engineer - Automation
In this role, you are responsible for designing and implementing automated test solutions for our Remote Enablement Platform. You work as part of an agile team with other Software Engineers. Your customers are Test, Systems and Development Engineering teams.
You like technical challenges, want to work on cutting edge and innovative technologies with great people in your team? You're a doer and can think out of the box?
Work for us - one of Philips largest and highest performing business!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Designing and developing solutions for automating acceptance, performance, reliability and functional tests for our Remote Enablement platform
- Integrating test automation solutions into CI/CD framework
- Execution and maintenance of the automated tests
- Developing and enhancing our Test Platform
- Work closely with other groups and organizations within Philips
- Continuous improvement of procedures, tooling, and methodologies
To succeed in this role, you should have the following requirements:
- Bachelor''s Degree in Computer Science or relative field required
- At least 3 Years of experience developing and able to architect, design, code, and test complex solutions in C# / .NET development
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and object-oriented programming
- Extensive experience with test automation solutions for Angular-/Web based UI Frameworks
- Proven track record of learning and adopting new skills, technologies and competencies
- Ideally, you have already worked in a DevOps environment or Test Automation Engineer.
We also appreciate experience working in a System Engineering and/or Integration Testing environment
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with Virtualization technology
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to produce high quality work independently.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with good organizational and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of databases, network protocols, and system performance is desirable but not required.
No Sponsorship offered
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
- Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Andover.
In return, we offer you
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top