Software Development Engineer
Job TitleSoftware Development Engineer
In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop priorities to address mission critical software. The completion of this work requires specialized software engineering capabilities that are part of our core competency that makes us successful in the market.
You are responsible for
- Working closely with management and team leadership to identify issues and promote the change necessary to address them.
- Actively participating in the work needed to consistently improve, grow, and evolve the results of the entire staff.
- Willingly collaborate with internal and external resources to acquire technical or customer knowledge, or system related information required to design, develop, and test software deliverables.
- Working collaboratively with system design engineers, requirement engineers and software development team members
- Providing leadership and guidance to team members regarding best design practices, improvement in code quality and unit testing
- Creating and/or review design documents and architectural diagrams
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- M.S in CS/EE or B.S plus experience in related field
- 2+ years of relative experience
- Strong Object oriented design skills, Algorithms
- Linux /Unix/Windows
- C/C++, Java
- Agile software development methodologies
- GUI / QT/Eclipse
- Medical devices / Regulated development environment
- Service oriented architecture
- RESTful Architecture
- Automated test framework
- Experience with one or more of the following
Team foundation server
- Familiarity with ClearQuest, Doors is a plus
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to make a substantial contribution to the innovation of the PROS product and processes while using the latest industry technologies
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Systems Engineer—Seattle, WA
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top