Software Competency Lead
- Cambridge, MA
Software Competency Lead
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Build a network of influence and become an assessor, thought leader and trusted advisor in a wide range of Software Excellence initiatives by the Philips SW CoE. Work jointly with the SW CoE team to execute the global improvement initiatives with a special focus on improving the reach/coverage of these initiatives in USA.
You are responsible for
- Implementing current SW Excellence programs
- Generating ideas and research for new SW Excellence programs
- Generating ideas and research to improve current SW Excellence programs
- Supporting software people and the businesses that surround them in continuous improvement of speed and quality
- Being a role model, advocate and publicist for SW Excellence
You are a part of
The Philips Software Centre of Excellence competencies team with diverse technical abilities and backgrounds. This team used a combination of top down, bottom up and middle-out approaches and exploits formal and informal influence channels to achieve their goals. We are all passionate about software.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience/ Preferred Skills:
- Master's degree or equivalent professional experience
- Experience of all aspects software product development and teaching, learning and influencing in these areas
- Experience of multiple programming languages, OSs, infrastructures, technology stacks and product types
- Clear communication, passion and tact
- Awareness of the intersections of business, technical and human concerns
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa
- Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to this location
In return, we offer you
The Opportunity to sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we are used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top