Software Build Engineer
Job TitleSoftware Build Engineer
Software Build Engineer
Scope: The Software Build and Release Team maintains and develops the processes and tools used to track and build software products for the Business Solutions platform. The team is also responsible for building deployment automation tools in support of the Test and Operations Teams. The environment is fast-paced and the team is committed to delivering solutions that drive reliability and efficiency through the Release Cycle. The candidate will be working with the team to support and integrate automated solutions throughout the development and formal testing phases of the software lifecycle.
The candidate will be responsible for building and packaging of the software for use by the Developers, Verification & Validation (V&V) Testers, and Operations. The candidate will have knowledge working in a Continuous Integration/Delivery environment using a wide variety of tools to deliver consistent, successful software builds. Demonstration of the ability to automate and improve processes that will affect efficiency and effectiveness for the software release lifecycle is essential.
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Science, Information Technology, or equivalent related program or experience.
Preferred Technical Skills
- Knowledge of Configuration and Release Management best practices
- Knowledge in the phases of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience implementing and automating CI/CD Processes for software delivery
- Experience with Windows and the .NET Framework (C# and/or VB)
- Experience with deployment automation tools (such as Octopus)
- Experience working with source control management systems (specifically Team Foundation Server)
- Experience in one or more scripting languages (preferably PowerShell)
- Knowledge of Agile development practices
Desired Skill Set
- Ability to formulate creative solutions to difficult problems
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to multi-task both service-based and planned work assignments
- Ability to identify the root cause of process errors and provide recommendations and/or solutions for improvement
- Be a positive team member and eventual leader that can proactively coordinate with developers and managers to enforce the release management process and enhance effectiveness and efficiency
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top