Software Automation Engineer
Software Automation Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be part of the technology integration team. You will be involved in developing solutions, exploring technologies and supporting the platform that supports vision and strategy of Philips Population Health Management (PHM) business.
You are responsible for
- Author and automation of test cases identified in scope of project or ticket
- Execute the test cases, identify defects, classify and raise defects, participate in defect triages
- Prepare the testing metrics of the project and track the metrics with respect to the organization goals
- Communicate and document testing status and any discovered issues and risks
- Create clear, concise, detailed project artifacts that meet the standards of the testing processes
- Use industry knowledge and experience to effectively assist with troubleshooting as needed
- Participate in meetings with customer facing support roles, business analyst and product development to understand the functional and non-functional requirements of the project and ensure test cases effective support these requirements
You are a part of
Philips Population Health Management business, located in Alpharetta, GA.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- At least three years relevant experience in automated testing, in an Agile environment
- Strong familiarity with all stages of the software development life cycle as well as Software QA testing including System, Integration, Regression, Performance and User Acceptance Testing
- Ability to identify test requirements from functional requirement specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Experience in building automation WebUI testing, API testing and SQL testing frameworks from ground up
- Ability to write and understand SQL queries, to perform data verification and set up test data
- Expertise with Selenium or Cucumber testing software
- Experience working with CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Experience with REST APIs and automated API testing tools such as Postman, SoapUI, etc.
- Knowledge of concepts like IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, containerization, experience working in such environments highly desired
- Scripting experience in Unix/Linux environment highly desired
- Prior experience working within a Healthcare or regulated software environment highly desired
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to work alongside software developers, devops engineers, architects, business analysts and product development team, creating and executing automated tests against requirements. You will create test plans and take ownership of product quality, as new features and updates are completed. You will also have an opportunity in automating various steps associated with CI/CD pipeline.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top