Site Sourcing Manager
Site Sourcing Manager
We welcome you to join Philips IGT-Devices as a Sourcing Manager in our San Diego, CA location.
In the role of Site Sourcing Manger, you will be the single point of contact for the Procurement Engineering team for all post launch supplier activities. You will work with the Procurement Engineers to define specific supplier strategies tailored to new product design and manufacturing requirements.
Through partnering with the Global Commodities organization you will ensure that the suppliers selected are consistent with Philips Preferred Supplier List, leveraging Philips global spend, and delivering maximum supplier performance for our business.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
You are responsible for;
Represent Procurement in NPI - Acts on behalf of Procurement Engineering (PE) and Commodity Management (CM) for project or supplier related activities, ensuring relevant team members are informed and involved.
- Support the deployment of early supplier involvement and target costing and tracking for assigned product, in alignment with CM and PE
- Prepare requirement package and the Supplier Project Agreement
- Communication of project related commercial & technical requirements
- Drives request for quotation process and supports supplier selection based on the Preferred Supplier List based on the delegation scheme
- Maintain cost history of parts assigned, supporting project teams to roll up actual cost
- Project management of activities at supplier, including Sourcing Plan, in alignment with overall project plan.
- Manage on time deliveries of parts during NPI & Limited Commercial Release projects
- Owner for delivering the assigned parts to meet project needs
Support CM Strategy & Supplier Management
- Supports commodity strategy and execution in close relation with the Commodity Teams ; Provides input regarding business requirements
- Manage phase-in planning related to new product introduction
- Ensure availability of proprietary protocol for assets at suppliers (marking/tagging by SQA)
- Manage change towards supplier (provides specifications to supplier, ensure agreement and full implementation up to IT systems, involves CM if required
- Assess supplier capacity against requirements for suppliers for his/her site; inform CM of any required change
Support overall site related activities
- Execution of supplier setup and SAP / PLM master data creation
- Support CM / Ops Buyers with price update in local system
- For savings projects: Communicate project related commercial & technical requirements to supplier
- Maintain tracking and KPI's for own activities
Education & Experience you will bring to the role
- Bachelors in Business, Materials, Finance or Technical related fields and a minimum of 5-10 years of relevant work experience in Sourcing, Procurement, and/or Supply Chain
- Experience in working with suppliers in a regulated industry, Med Device a plus
- Proven ability to deliver results in supplier selection, management, negotiation, capacity planning, and risk management.
- Experience working with a cross-functional team to implement NPI programs and/or Sustaining changes
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver to project milestones
In return, we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips - working cross functionally with R & D, on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people's lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top