Site Procurement Lead (Site Sourcing Manager)
Job TitleSite Procurement Lead (Site Sourcing Manager)
In the role of Site Procurement Lead (Site Sourcing Manager), you will be the single point of contact for the Procurement Engineering team for all post launch supplier activities.
You will work with the Procurement Engineers to define specific supplier strategies tailored to new product design and manufacturing requirements.
Through partnering with the Global Commodities organization you will ensure that the suppliers selected are consistent with Philips Forward Procurement List, leveraging Philips global spend, and delivering maximum supplier performance for our business.
- Support the deployment of early supplier involvement through target costing and tracking for assigned products, in partnership with CM and PE
- Support Commodity Management and Ops Buyers / P&S with pricing updates in local system including the phasing in of negotiated price reductions.
- Act on behalf of Procurement Engineering and Commodity Management for project or supplier related activities, ensuring relevant PE & CM team members are informed and involved
- Owner for the delivering the assigned parts to meet new product introduction needs
- Responsible to provide site specific supplier information and business requirements to Commodity Management in support of negotiations and supplier business reviews. Additionally should support CM in creating the negotiation strategy and during the negotiation as needed.
- Accountable for the phase in/out ramp up/down process and related supplier communication
- Drive requests for quotation process and support supplier selection based on the Forward Procurement List, including management of related fields in the Sourcing Plan, in alignment with overall project plan
- Manage on time deliveries of parts during NPI & LCM projects (samples, prototypes, ramp up)
- Assess supplier capacity against requirements for suppliers for his/her site
- Execute and support phase in – phase Out (PIPO) planning related to new product introduction, existing production, and end of life (EOp>
- Manage change towards supplier (provides specifications to supplier, ensure agreement and full implementation up to IT systems, involves CM if commercial discussion required).
- Maintenance of cost history of parts assigned, supporting project teams to roll up actual cost
- Ensure CM risk management program is implemented for our site and is effective for the specific products purchased for the site.
- Execute supplier setup and SAP / PLM master data creation
Education & Experience you will bring to the role
- Bachelors in Engineering, Business, Materials, Finance or related fields and a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in working with suppliers in the Medical Device Field preferably within the Wires and Catheter Manufacturing realm.
- Proven ability to deliver results in supplier selection, management, negotiation, capacity planning, and risk management.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver to project milestones
- Ability to manage and work within a matrixed organization
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people.
Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what's next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Call to action
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today! Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal employment employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top