Signal & Image Processing Engineer 3
Job TitleSignal & Image Processing Engineer 3
Join the Signal and Image Processing team that operates at the cutting edge of intravascular imaging and sensing technology. As the Signal and Image Processing Engineer 3, you will work within the Philips Volcano Systems and Software R&D organization and contributes to all phases of bringing intravascular ultrasound and functional measurement technologies to market—from designing sensors to optimizing imaging pipelines to validating user image preferences. You will work with a cross functional team to support the planning and execution of research, product development, and product sustaining.
Key areas of responsibilities (KARS) for this role include:
- Lead the complete development , implementation, and sustaining of new signal and image processing algorithms to support intravascular ultrasound imaging and vascular functional measurement technologies
- Participate in the design, development, and integration of new ultrasound systems and transducers
- Tune intravascular ultrasound systems for optimum image quality
- Support new product development projects and sustaining projects while adhering to quality control and regulatory procedures
- Plan and execute laboratory research
- Participate in clinical human and animal imaging studies for assessment and testing of new technologies and products
- Collaborate with marketing and product management organizations to define new feature requirements to meet specific clinical applications and market needs
- Provide technical expertise to support other departments
- Make recommendations for internal process improvements
Specific skill requirements for this role include:
- MS or PhD in physics, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, or a related field from an accredited university
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- 4+ years of experience in ultrasound signal and image processing research and/or product development (academic experience may be acceptable)
- Expertise in MATLAB
- Capability to work in a fast paced, regulated environment, with strict adherence to a quality system
- Demonstrated skill in solving problems—technical and interpersonp>
- Adaptability in the face of ambiguous and evolving situations
- Ability to communicate and influence using concise, structured writing
- Track record of meeting deadlines and delivering results
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Familiarity with cardiovascular biology, physiology, and associated medical procedures, tools, and terminology
- Experience with, Python, C/C++, and Labview
- Ultrasound transducer fabrication experience
- Medical imaging or medical device industry experience
- Experience with FPGA and ASIC design
- Advanced technical knowledge and interest in one or more of these areas—beamforming, advanced filtering, video processing, color theory, data mining, artificial intelligence, computer vision, computational photography, computer graphics, visualization, pipeline This position is in Rancho Cordova, Cp>
- Mentor engineers, interns, technicians
- Less than 10%
LOCATION: Rancho Cordova, California
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what's next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Call to Action:
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today!
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top