Senior Visual/UX Designer
Job TitleSenior Visual/UX Designer
Senior Digital UX/Visual Designer
As a Senior Digital Visual Designer, you will be part of an international design team and play an important role in defining the design of Philips' digital presence in Healthcare. You create design concepts for software applications and new innovations, which you passionately present to stakeholders. You are responsible for translating concepts into world-class design solutions, considering the possibilities and constraints of technology. You create design specifications and safeguard your designs until launch. You work in close co-operation with the members of the design team according to the briefing, creative direction and timelines. You step in to develop flows and wireframes if the need arises.
In this team you will conduct the following activities:
- Translating interaction concepts into visual designs for various screen based platforms (e.g. websites, mobile devices, touch screen panels, etc.)
- Creating, specifying and applying harmonized visual styles that can be used across multiple applications and target users
- Being a sparring partner for the Interaction Designer, Art Director and part of multi-disciplinary teams (which may also include marketing, developers, engineers, usability experts, application experts)
- Understanding and working with technical constraints of UI/display platforms to get the most out of them
The User Experience Design team is part of Philips Design and aims to set direction and support Philips on all aspects of product/service development. We seek to build the best brand experiences throughout the entire user experience and focus specifically on all digital aspects.
Established in 1925, Philips Design is one of the longest-established design organizations in the world. It has studios across the globe – in Amsterdam, Eindhoven, Andover, Cambridge, Haifa, Foster City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Bangalore, Shanghai, and Singapore – and a creative force of some 500 professionals. In addition to more conventional design-related skills, the team includes disciplines as diverse as psychology, cultural sociology, anthropology, and trend research. We strive to understand people's latent "needs" as well as their "wants," and then to identify differentiated and unique propositions. The quality of Philips Design's creative work is reflected in the many design awards received every year for concepts and solution in the lifestyle, lighting, and healthcare sectors.
We are looking for
- Someone who has been working as a Digital Visual Designer for at least 5 years
- Experience within software development is a prerequisite, clinical software is a benefit
- Ability to translate flows into final pixel perfect screens with detailed specifications for our developers
- Exceptional design talent with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work against existing Philips design guidelines
- You are proficient with leading design software like Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch
- Knowledge of how digital standards such as HTML4/5, CSS impact design
- Good understanding of Interaction Design and User Experience Design with ability to step in to take on Interaction Design work
- Being able to make quick low fidelity prototypes is a benefit
- Previous experience in the medical industry is a benefit
- A team player who wants to do great work
- You have bachelor or master level education in Graphical Design, UX, Arts, or other related studies
- Good verbal and written skills in English
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top