Senior User Experience Researcher - Oral Healthcare
Senior User Experience Researcher - Oral Healthcare
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Represent the voice of the consumer throughout the product development process, to ensure that Philips innovations make a meaningful difference to consumers' lives. Based on deep consumer insights, you translate consumer needs into innovations that delight consumers, working closely together with Marketing, Design and Development. This position will focus on software development, creating new features and helping understand how we can improve our existing apps on the market by using consumer feedback acquired online and through research.
You are responsible for
- Planning the consumer centric research within a project, or planning the overall consumer centric project, being hardware or service
- Vision on what to build and share with team. Prioritizing feature list / benefit drivers for the product and manage in project plan
- Helping to create and shape the Value Proposition (as a team) and the consumer stories
- Supporting competence development in the department towards other Product Researchers
- Creating a clear development and test logic for all consumer related issues and claim substantiation
- Keeps track of the proposition with the user requirements and user risk assessment
- Applying the relevant tools for the archetype of the project, to verify and validate the consumer needs e.g. lean scheduling
- During the Program execution reports to stakeholders on progress at relevant intervals & milestones
- Delivers the verification and validation on the consumer insights and substantiation of marketing claims
- Guarantee the consumer satisfaction of the proposition or service and safe guard the consumer satisfaction throughout the life cycle of the product in the market
- You mentor and guide junior researchers on methods, research plans and strategic directions for all projects within the portfolio
You are a part of
Philips Oral Healthcare is part of Innovation & Development (I&D) of Consumer Lifestyle. It focuses on the development of medical and non-medical lifestyle products. It is responsible for the development and realization of new product propositions. Philips Oral Healthcare is looking at a very challenging growth task to bring more new ideas, and increasingly digital innovations, services, connected products to the global market.
A key department in this site is the "Product Research Center (PRC)". The PRC represents the Voice of the Consumer in our Innovation & Development activities. It drives the translation of powerful insights into products and services that delight consumers better than competition and live up to Philips' brand promise of Innovation & You. The influence of PRC spans from Insight generation / concept development to market launch and forms a main link between I&D (Innovation and Development) and the marketing. You will work in a team of researchers as well as a cross functional agile development team to develop software app requirements, design and functionality.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master's degree in Human Technology Interaction, User Experience Design, Industrial Design Engineering with relevant experience in consumer research
- OR Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences, Sensory Sciences or Marketing with relevant experience in technology product development and relevant experience in consumer research
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in product research, consumer science, industrial design or product development
- Experience with consumer research methodologies and sound understanding of the underlying statistics
- Strong knowledge of marketing claim development and substantiation
- Experience in project management
- Understanding of the product from a usage perspective, ability to translate business needs into clear execution plans and highlight consequences of trade offs for consumer satisfaction
- Excellent planning skills: you know how to manage a project team and your advisory role in the project team and to stakeholders
- Proactive attitude with an outward focus, able to take the lead and proactively represent the end-user in our innovation processes
- Open mindset and interest in new methodologies and technologies
- A proven track record in building strategic research plans based on project objectives and gaining stakeholder buy in and alignment across cross functional teams
- Experienced in conducting/executing global consumer research (with and without external agency support
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we are used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top