Senior Unix Administrator
Job TitleSenior Unix Administrator
Sr.UNIX, Administrator shall maintain the UNIX and Linux environment by identifying requirements and implementing processes to ensure that the systems are effectively supported. The admin shall manage the backup and restoration program/infrastructure for all business related systems and services. Provide regular maintenance, ensure that the program meets the business SLAs, process requests for changes, and ensure that organization standards are followed in relations to his/her UNIX and storage duties.
- Maintain and manage the backup and restore services
- Execute intermediate to complex processes and system updates for the specialty area
- Install, configure and ensure the maintenance of processes and/or systems related to environments such as Oracle, Redhat Linux/Solaris
- Evaluate system and process performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency
- Lead the control of access rights, security settings and user privileges alignment with enterprise standards
- Conduct briefings and demonstrations for users to enhance process and/or system productivity
- Research new technologies and/or monitor and evaluate existing technology for improvement opportunities to support process/ technology life cycle
- Troubleshoot and resolve all problems encountered with process or system
- Ensure the successful planning and implementation for all upgrades or new additions to the IT process or system
- Perform intermediate to complex IT environment monitoring and performance benchmarking.
- Prepare expenditure proposals and/or cost justification analysis
- Provide support to the IT team and cross functional project teams
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical or quantitative degree (e.g. mathematics) preferred combined with at least 10 years of experience in applicable technical area
- multiple years of experience with backup and restore applications
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications
- Strong UNIX/Linux administration skills
- Strong experience with backup and storage systems from EMC
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
- Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
- Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals
- Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations for the IT environment
- Attain or retain specific certifications related to job function (i.e. EMC, RedHat)
- Knowledge about system installation and disaster recovery procedures
- Computer Science, MIS and/or other related field, preferred
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips is a leading health technology company focused on improving people’s health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. The company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2015 sales of EUR 24.2 billion and employs approximately 70,000+ employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. News about Philips can be found at www.philips.com/newscenter.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Apply today! For more information about Philips, please join our Talent Network on LinkedIn or follow us on Twitter at @PhilipsJobsNA.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top