Senior Transducer Engineer, R&D
Job TitleSenior Transducer Engineer, R&D
As a Senior Transducer Engineer, you will lead the engineering team in pursuit of design and development of product goal initiatives. This is a great opportunity for a hands on self-starter!
- Develop new disposable device designs and optimize existing designs. Fabricates prototype devices.
- Develop and evaluate new transducer technologies, materials and methods for creating IVUS transducers.
- Design and develop new processes and tooling for device fabrication and manufacture.
- Coordinates verification and validation activities such as writing plans and reports fabricating devices and supervising technicians.
- Transfers new designs from research and development into production. Oversees the writing of work instructions and training of operators. Assists with development preventative maintenance schedules.
- Documents components, designs, processes and tools.
- Maintains laboratory equipment, notebook and current training record.
- Provide guidance and general management responsibilities and other engineers and/or engineering staff.
Specific Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent training.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience; or a Master Degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience; or a PhD with a minimum of 3 year of relevant experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Must have a significant amount of ultrasound transducer fabrication experience in a medical space.
- Experience with IVUS transducers is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated strong Solidworks experience or other design software tools.
- Extensive practical experience designing ultrasound transducers and assembly processes using a range of PiezoMaterials; such as Ceramics- Piezoelectric (PZT), Crystals (PMN-PT), Crystal composites.
- Demonstrated knowledge of major fabrication techniques/processes.
- Experience using circuit simulation software, schematic capture software, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, emulators and other lab equipment to test and debug digital and mixed-signal designs involving multiple PCBs and subassemblies
- Practical experience with adhesive chemistry, material selection and processing methods is preferred.
- Practical understanding of variation statistics (ANOVA), Design of Experiments (DOE), process validation and design control.
- Practical exposure to Project Management Tools. It is desired that the candidate will demonstrate successful completion of a cradle to grave project, including document control requirements for project phases.
- Familiarity with cardiac and vascular catheterization procedures, tools, and terminology
- Familiarity with catheter and material or process selection for catheter development.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and other computer applications (i.e.: Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Project, Windows, Visio, and Statistical Software: Minitab, JMP, etc.)
- Knowledge of proper English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary and of generally accepted office practices, procedures and equipment
- Ability to work with external material and engineering vendors.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, in order to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties including Company management and outside business associates
- Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow and to meet established timeframes
- Ability to maintain up-to-date knowledge of procedures, products and activities of assigned area
- Ability to manage small groups of Engineers and/or engineering technicians
- Ability to consistently work using a high powered microscope
Location: San Diego, CA
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Call to Action:
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today!
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top