Senior Test Engineer
Job TitleSenior Test Engineer
Senior Test Engineer.
Play a leading role in defining the software architecture and developing software for use with test instrumentation used for manufacturing test of state-of-the-art ultrasound transducer products.
Be a creative interface between the R&D and Supply Chain environment. Be a team player that can see the test solutions of the future and sell big picture ideas across the organization.
- In conjunction with cross-functional team members, design and develop the software architecture to support cost effective test strategies that accelerate time-to-market development cycles while addressing long term sustainability.
- Create and deploy supporting infrastructure software.
- Maintain regulatory compliance according to Philips Healthcare quality system.
The ultrasound test engineering team, based in Andover, MA, consists of 11 other engineers that together with a process engineering team, develop the tools and systems that take high complex product designs from the ultrasound R&D department to the manufacturing floor. The team interacts with local, national and international teams to support a wide range of ultrasound products.
The fast paced environment places emphasis on a first time right approach, as such in-depth knowledge of product design, test solution design and regulatory compliance is expected.
This position provides the successful candidate with an immediate opportunity to be involved with technology that is helping to save lives, improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of medicine across the globe. The technology is a cornerstone in the Philips Healthcare portfolio and has proven to be elusive to our competitors. As an international organization, Philips is well placed to offer a broad range of technical and leadership opportunities in various organizations throughout the world.
We are looking for
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Biomed Engineering.
- At least five years' experience architecting and developing test and measurement systems or similar.
- Extensive LabView architecture and programming experience as used in combination with test instrumentation and test system architecture design along with:
- An in-depth understanding of and real-world experience with LabVIEW OOD/OOP.
- Experience with National Instruments Actor Framework
- A familiarity with S.O.L.I.D. design principles
- A passion for software quality thru an Agile development process.
- Must be a team player, be an active participant in peer reviews and code walkthroughs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record in debugging.
- CLA certification or experience with PXI instrumentation a plus.
- Experience in medical device of other regulated industries preferred.
Other experience applicable to this position:
- Analog or digital hardware.
- C#, C++, C coding.
- SQL databases.
- Statistical techniques.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top