Senior Technical Systems Analyst
Job TitleSenior Technical Systems Analyst
The Help Desk Support Technician provides initial technical support to the Philips Lifeline Home Monitoring Internal and external office computer users. Performs a variety of basic and advanced technical help desk support duties.(This position differs from the Help Desk Support Technician II in that it requires the incumbent to have more advanced knowledge and experience in solving users' problems and more advanced knowledge of hardware, software, networking and help desk support as well as helpdesk processes or procedures.)
This is a full-time position with a work schedule of five days and 40 hours/week. May be required to work some evenings and Saturdays during peak periods.
- May assist in overseeing and coordinating help desk staff activities and services • Provides assistance and training to other Help Desk technicians in solving more advanced user problems and inquiries. Refers problems and inquiries to more experienced technical staff or management if necessary.
- Provides basic training to users as needed.
- Maintains database of problems and utilizes the help desk staff to research and solve problems. Analyzes and verifies statistical information in databases to insure the accuracy of computer reports and data integrity.
- Assists IT management and other senior IT technical staff in developing departmental and Helpdesk guidelines and operating procedures.
- Performs Help Desk Support Technician II duties:
Responds to user questions and inquiries via telephone, email, web and other communication methods.
- Enters, assigns and tracks service requests in the on-line work-order system. Refers service issues to IT management.
- Provides technical support and solves the basic and more advanced routine user hardware and software problems or questions including desktop computer hardware and software and enterprise system software.
- Provides professional, courteous, prompt and accurate support and solutions to users.
- Communicates, analyzes and troubleshoots routine user problems and provides proper solutions or remedies.
- Properly documents problem ticket into on-line Help Desk System.
- Assists other IT technical staff in providing users feedbacks and user statistics.
- Establishes priorities on Help Desk tickets based on established helpdesk and departmental guidelines and procedures.
- Updates Help Desk database information.
- Follows up and communicates ticket information to users when appropriate.
- Assists with desktop and laptop imagining and installation as needed.
- Assists in the operations of enterprise systems as needed
- Create and updates user accounts creation as needed
- Follows help desk and departmental guidelines and operating procedures.
- Work closely with senior helpdesk and other IT staff to acquire additional technical and nontechnical knowledge.
- Performs other related duties as required.
What we looking for:
- Completion of BS or Associate's Degree from an accredited college in computer science, computer preferred
Information systems or a related field; or an equivalent combination of training and relevant
work experience may be substituted
Knowledge of principles and operations of computer systems and related peripheral equipment.
Ability to analyze and troubleshoot user's problems via the telephone.
Ability to maintain knowledge of current technology and able to learn new technology.
- Ability to communicate professionally, accurately and effectively, both verbal and written, as
well as on the telephone.
Ability to understand and respond to user questions in an effective and courteous manner.
Ability to convey technical procedures and directions in layman's terms.
- Proficiency with operating systems, including Windows 7, Windows 2010
and MacIntosh's operating systems.
- Proficiency in the operation and use of personal computers, utilizing word processing,
spreadsheet, and database management software programs (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, Word,
Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.), the Internet browser, websites and e-mail systems.
Possess advanced knowledge and understanding of networking and personal computer hardware.
- This job will also require some sitting or standing for extended periods of time, carrying, pushing or pulling and possible lifting objects up to 35lbs.
Desirable Skills listed below are a plus.
LANDesk, VMWare, OnBase, Active Directory Group Policy, PC Imaging, Audio/Video, Code42, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Right Fax.
- A+ and/or MOUS certification and other industry recognized network certifications.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what's next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top