Senior Technical Support Specialist
Job TitleSenior Technical Support Specialist
In this role, you have the opportunity to
be the first resource for the Technical Support level 1 and 2 team members and our customer base ( assisted Living, nursing homes etc) regarding any complex Protocol, Equipment, PC Hardware/ Software or Procedural issue that may arise during the course of the daily operation.
You are responsible for
- Conducts on-site training, installation, and servicing to customers regarding Philips integrated PC systems, hardware, and software products for Philips Lifeline products and services primarily for the Senior Living division.
- With a goal of raising technical competency, assist lower level representatives, internal and external customers (such as, but not limited to: field sales, vendors, contractors) using ingenuity and logic.
- Answers, evaluates and prioritizes incoming and outbound calls, voicemail, e-mail, faxes and in-person requests for assistance. Log calls in tech support CRM system and prepares standard statistical reporting regarding those calls for manager, interdepartmental meetings, legal and risk management team.
- Participate in providing after hours and weekend coverage on a rotating basis and responds to customer calls while on-call within 15 minutes. Transacts and dispatches necessary emergency response center equipment from storage to customer site assuring minimal system downtime. Logs and tracks 100% after hour call volume with a goal of making recommendations to reduce after hour calls.
- Performs a variety of complicated projects such as, but not limited to, testing new Philips hardware and/or software releases which requires leading and directing the workflow of team members to ensure appropriate planning, analyzing, reporting, and documenting these efforts so that they are implemented prior to customer distribution. Consults with engineers and programmers to recommend modifications based on team findings.
You are a part of
Philips Lifeline Technical support team for Senior Living channels which would be working with facilities such as Nursing homes and Assisted living... Philips Lifeline is the Personal Emergency Response Service PERS that has been a part of Philips for over ten years and started over 40 years ago.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3-5 years of college or technical school training preferred. Requires a minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in telephony customer service, preferably in a technical environment and a minimum of 1 year leadership or project management experience in a Customer Service or Technical environment Fully experienced on duties of Level 1 and Level 2 support Experience or familiar with Bluetooth protocols and other radio protocols such as GSM, CDMA, etc Experienced in Unix, Linux and Windows server environment Experienced with Sequel (SQL) Excellent oral and written communication skills Ability to logically analyze and troubleshoot technical issues Ability to repair or swap computer hardware components Strong knowledge of Windows Operating Systems A+, MCSA, or MCSE certification is a plus Proven networking proficiency is required Able to troubleshoot thoroughly and patiently Ability to work in a fast paced & sometimes stressful environment while maintaining professional and proactive demeanor Experience managing multiple priorities in a multi tasked environment Ability to work independently and within a Team environment Must be able to understand/write/read and speak English language
- Ability to travel (20-30%) by air/auto may be required
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds
- Ability to be able to get on a ladder and attic space
- Familiar with Salesforce and SAP systems
In return, we offer you
to use your technical skills to troubleshoot and solve a variety of system issues within Philips Lifeline business customers that use our PERS service. We are all about providing the service that can give people ability to have emergency support where they live, work etc.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top