Senior Technical Procurement Engineer
Senior Technical Procurement Engineer
Technical Procurement Engineer: CG60/70
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Help build a high growth business that will help improve the lives of millions of people while advancing Philips journey as a global leader in Health Technology.
You are responsible for
- Provides knowhow about supplier manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Supports or can lead problem resolution with suppliers or parts (Philips caused) in close collaboration with SQE, R&D and Operations.
- Improve the design decision making.
- Drive the deployment of early supplier involvement, ensuring supplier readiness: suppliers deliver to specification, schedule and cost for assigned product or module.
- Ensure effective communication, collaboration and project management with suppliers, for assigned product or modules
- Orders tools and samples related to new product development, oversees realization and ensures a smooth ramp.
- Teams up with Supplier Quality on APQP
- Execute and support phase in - phase Out (PIPO) planning related to new product introduction or improvement projects (quality, features, cost, etc).
- Support price negotiations with fact-based information and opportunities to drive short term product cost reduction improvement.
- Maintain updates to the costs for assigned product/
- Scouts the market and support development of technology roadmaps
- Supports the in/outsourcing process (e.g. knowledge transfer, supplier ramp-up);
- Provides input to the Commodity Teams regarding the supply base characteristics based on business requirements
- The Procurement Engineer may act as Supplier Account Manager assigned by, and under the delegated responsibility of the relevant commodity team
- Support price negotiations with fact-based information and opportunities to drive short and/or long term product cost reduction improvement
- A procurement expert actively participates in new product introduction projects, sustaining engineering, supplier performance challenges, savings projects, value engineering workshops and DfX programs
- Authoritative expert in the quality and cost drivers for major commodities and the associated cost impact on the business.
You are a part of
- Team member, typically reporting to the Category Procurement Engineering Business Partner
- To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS or comparable diploma in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, MS preferred
- 10+ years of experience in a high volume assembly-type industry in supply chain related functions (i.e. component manufacturers).
- Experience in the Healthcare industry preferred.
- Strong engineering background with extensive experience in collaborating with R&D required
- Experienced in executing quality improvement and cost down projects and new product introduction Projects
- Experience with APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) preferred.
- Understanding the principles of Value Engineering (L1)
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top