Senior Systems Engineer
Job TitleSenior Systems Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Help our systems engineering team create lifesaving and life sustaining devices that are used in hospitals and pre-hospital situations globally.
You are responsible for
- Own product architecture and system requirements and ensure proper allocation and ownership of the requirements to the subsystem and component level.
- Work hand in hand with the program manager, product manager and cross functional leads to ensure the overall product/solution system integrity from concept to end of life of the product, including meeting all expectations from major stake holders like manufacturing, quality, regulatory bodies and reliability in addition to customer and patients.
- Provide internal and external customer interface to arbitrate key architecture conflicts.
- Own configuration management, product data management and process initiatives.
- Provide technical risk assessment and plans to program management and business teams
- Support competitive benchmarking analyses to drive ongoing product improvements and enhancements
You are a part of
Philips Healthcare's Emergency Care and Resuscitation (ECR) business unit is looking for a Senior Individual contributor. In this position, you will be the technical leader for product improvement and enhancements of a major product line within the ECR portfolio. You will be a problem solver on cross functional technical issues, own the product from concept, through development of the customer requirements, product architecture, systems requirements and allocation of requirements to subsystems and components. You will work collaboratively with the technical cross functional team for the product as well as directly with system V&V resources to ensure that the product meets both the requirements and customer expectations
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 6+ years' experience in a fast paced, client focused, electro-mechanical, embedded systems, solutions and services industry (Medical industry experience desired, automotive, aerospace and/or defense industries is also preferred).
- BS in a related technical field (EE, ME, Bio medical, Systems Engineering or Computer Engineering). MS preferred.
- Working knowledge of tools and processes related to system configuration management from specifications development, traceability, version control, defect tracking and field feedback.
- Proven leadership ability with the experience of leading both directly and by influence, multi-functional teams.
- Proven ability to work with mission and/or safety critical products in a highly regulated industry.
- Experience in system level design, requirements and safety risk assessments at the system level. Experience leading teams in system safety risk management preferred.
- Proven ability to communicate in both verbal and written form to technical and non-technical customers, stakeholders, and various levels of management.
- Some travel required
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its Philips People Services Team. Succeeding in this Onboarding role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top