Senior Systems Engineer
Job TitleSenior Systems Engineer
Philips Healthcare’s Emergency Care and Resuscitation (ECR) business unit is looking for a Senior Individual contributor. In this position, you will be the technical leader for new product development and product improvement and enhancements of a major product line within the ECR portfolio. You will be a problem solver on cross functional technical issues, own the product from concept, through development of the customer requirements, product architecture, systems requirements and allocation of requirements to subsystems and components. You will work collaboratively with the technical cross functional team for the product as well as directly with system V&V resources to ensure that the product meets both the requirements and customer expectations for life saving and life sustaining devices that are used in hospitals and pre-hospital situations globally.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Own product architecture and system requirements and ensure proper allocation and ownership of the requirements to the subsystem and component level.
- Work hand in hand with the program manager, product manager and cross functional leads to ensure the overall product/solution system integrity from concept to end of life of the product, including meeting all expectations from major stake holders like manufacturing, quality, regulatory bodies and reliability in addition to customer and patients.
- Provide internal and external customer interface to arbitrate key architecture conflicts.
- Own configuration management, product data management and process initiatives.
- Provide technical risk assessment and plans to program management and business teams
- Support competitive benchmarking analyses to drive ongoing product improvements and enhancements
- 6+ years’ experience in a fast paced, client focused, electro-mechanical, embedded systems, solutions and services industry (Medical industry experience desired, automotive, aerospace and/or defense industries is also preferred).
- Working knowledge of tools and processes related to system configuration management from specifications development, traceability, version control, defect tracking and field feedback.
- Proven leadership ability with the experience of leading both directly and by influence, multi-functional teams.
- Proven ability to work with mission and/or safety critical products in a highly regulated industry.
- Experience in system level design, requirements and safety risk assessments at the system level. Experience leading teams in system FMEA’s preferred.
- Proven ability to communicate in both verbal and written form to technical and non-technical customers, stakeholders, and various levels of management.
- BS in a related technical field (EE, ME, Bio medical, Systems Engineering or Computer Engineering). MS preferred.
- Some travel required
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top