Senior Systems Engineer
- Troy, NY
Senior Systems Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Play a key technical leadership role in the design and development of Superconducting Magnet/MR Imaging technology that helps save lives, improve patient outcomes, and reduce the cost of medicine around the world.
You are responsible for:
- Focus primarily on systems engineering of superconducting MRI magnets, from early technology development through mature product maintenance.
- Overall technical leadership and realization of full system product release/life cycle management to ensure quality and compliance.
- Translation of user and business requirements into product requirements, covering performance, reliability, manufacturability, cost, etc.
- Decomposing system requirements and allocating to appropriate subsystems, all while ensuring primary system requirements will be met
- Trade-offs of product and system design specifications and interfaces
- Determine feasibility of potential solutions, and leading technical & design reviews
- Ensuring full Product Safety Risk Management in a regulation compliant manner
- Serving as the local lead for product reliability, interfacing with the centralize reliability team as needed
- Analyzing installed base operational data to characterize magnet system use profiles to support product requirements.
- Preparing schedules and work estimates for plan activities.
- Actively participating in multidisciplinary project teams through all phases of product development to ensure successful execution of innovative and best-in-class designs.
You are a part of:
The systems engineers within R&D work in close collaboration with Development Engineering, Design & Drafting, Project Management, Manufacturing, Service, and Quality team members throughout the product development lifecycle. The R&D office is co-located with product manufacturing, so they can see the products come to life and work closely with manufacturing to ensure the final product meets the design intent of the Development Engineer and will meet the expectations of the customer.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of-B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, or Systems Engineering
- Minimum of 8+ years' experience in systems engineering in a new product introduction environment through mature product maintenance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage stakeholders and reach consensus in cross-functional environments with competing priorities
- Software tools - ALM, Minitab/JMP, XFMEA, Weibull++, ALTA, SQL, etc.
- Experience with reliability and quality engineering methods and tools - DFMEA, life data analysis, reliability testing, statistical analyses, etc.
- Experience with medical devices development (preferred) or similar safety-regulated products (aerospace, aviation, automotive).
- INCOSE certification as Expert Systems Engineering Professional (ESEP) or Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
- Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) or Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
- Six Sigma (DFSS) certification Green Belt level or higher
In return, we offer you:
An exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative, multidisciplinary team with diverse backgrounds and expertise. P hilips is a leading innovator in the field of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), and at the heart of every MRI scanner is a superconducting magnet. Superconducting magnets, like the innovative BlueSeal magnet, are a cornerstone in the Philips Healthcare portfolio.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it is like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top