Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
The system engineer is responsible for overall technical leadership and responsibility for technical realization of a product release/lifecycle management. The scope includes translation of user requirements, requirements management, technical approach, design specification and interfaces, feasibility of potential solutions, allocation of derived requirements and traceability, design reviews, integration coordination, technical liaison to the program, technical roadmap, defect management/root cause analysis and risk management.
You are responsible for:
- Overall technical leadership and responsibility for realization of a new product or component release or sustaining activity.
- Translation of user requirements, regulatory requirements, manufacturing requirements, service requirements, process requirements into device and component requirement specification, interface speciation, and top level device and component design.
- Requirements management, decomposition of derived requirements, feasibility of potential solutions, design options and decision, verification and validation planning and design.
- Design process compliance assurance, design quality assurance and design reviews
- Integration planning and oversight, debugging and problem solving.
- Create reliability model from requirement and design, perform statistical data analysis, regression modeling, Weibull Analysis, hazard analysis, reliability target setting, warranty trend analysis and spending forecast for new products.
- Perform Design FMEAs on all new products and recommending design changes to improve product reliability.
- Create reliability test plan and procedure, perform reliability testing on new and existing products. Highly Accelerated Life Testing and Highly Accelerated Stress Testing to identify product failure modes. Validating and tracking product requirements through development.
- Technical management of medical device and components during product life cycle.
- Technical liaison to the project and cross functional team
- Design risk management
- Defect management
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Systems, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science, Physics, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent degree in a Scientific/Engineering discipline
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering role beyond the educational qualification.
- Evidence of practical knowledge of standards and regulations pertaining to the medical device industry, both domestic and international. This includes but is not limited to organizations such as FDA, IEC, ISO, CFDA, ACR, AAPM, COCIR, MITA and other directives such as RoHS and WEEE. Examples include: FDA 21CFR820.30, IEC 60601-1 and ISO 14971.
- Proven excellence in technical leadership in a matrix environment, including demonstrated ability to influence indirect resources
- Project and design control process management track record
- Working knowledge of tools and processes related to system configuration management from specifications development, traceability, version control, defect tracking and field feedback.
- Knowledge and experience spanning multiple engineering disciplines (e.g. mechanical, electrical, software and systems engineering).
- System modeling simulation
- Demonstrable clear oral communication, as well as well-organized documentation skills
- Ability to drive solutions and decisions in a cross-functional team environment
- Experience in requirements management tool, design quality management tools, risk management tools, and problem reporting/defect tracking tools.
- Hands on experience on FMEA, Fault Tree analysis, Reliability block diagrams preparation and RCA techniques
- Demonstrated capability to conduct and lead technical reviews of product design elements
- Demonstrated ability in leading evolution of a complex feature, where analysis requires both evaluation of multiple candidate solutions and significant evaluation of intangibles
- Strong programming experience in C/C++
- Battery/power design background is ideal
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Ankita G.Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top