Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Contribute to Philips Healthcare as a Staff Systems Engineer will be a part of the Systems Engineering group that is responsible for implementing technical strategies, evaluate and develop products, and provide a superior level of technical support that benefits the organization. The Staff Systems Engineer collaborates closely with Engineers, Architects, and Test in the Ventilation business within Hospital and Respiratory Care (HRC) to develop and commercialize Class 2 medical devices. The position reports to the Director of System Engineering for HRC.
- Incorporates essential operating mechanisms of systems engineering of device design and engineering principles and adheres to medical device regulations.
- Defines system requirements, architecture and interfaces to meet product requirements, risk analysis and industry standards; conducts system design analysis to select key components and defines control methods; and coordinates build and design integration
- Works hand-in-hand to support product verification and validation planning, resolution of technical integration issues, safety agency interface, system testing and coordination and interfaces with Philips design center.
- Conducts design reviews as part of the product development process to ensure customer requirements are met and the designs are manufacture-able, serviceable and reliable. In addition, does the same for subsystem requirements and product integration.
- Provide standards compliance consultation to our during product development including standards based risk management requirements, usability requirements, software requirements, essential performance requirements and clinical accuracy requirements
- Leadership: The ability to make things happen by encouraging and channeling the contributions of others; recognizing and addressing important issues in a timely manner, and acting as an agent for change and continual improvement when required to achieve results.
- Accountability/Ownership: Work closely with team members and take ownership - be a mentor to junior engineers
- Influence: The demonstrated ability to gain acceptance and commitment from other to one's own beliefs and ideas.
- Negotiating: The ability to construct and maintain a strong bargaining position so as to insure positive response and agreement: striving for win-win situations.
- Adaptability: Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Data-driven decision-making: ability to move teams through vague and complex situations. Present complex ideas in a simple manner to resolve issues.
- Relentless focus on Quality and Transparency as an organizational value.
The Systems Engineering team drives the systems elements of R&D development projects including systems requirement definition and management, architectural definition, control/software/interface product specification and simulation, build integration, system testing and qualification to meet product level requirements.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- MS or PhD in relevant field including Computer, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, or other related science.
- Minimum 7 years of experience successfully developing products (hardware, software, consumables) products.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands on experience (technical).
- Experience with conducting cross-discipline feasibility and trade off studies to evaluate electronic, mechanical and pneumatic performance from subsystem to system level for issue resolutions.
- Experienced with product safety standards requirements for medical devices (IEC/ISO 60601/80601)
- Experienced in standards based risk management requirements, usability requirements, software requirements, essential performance requirements and clinical accuracy requirements.
- Solid understanding of System Verification and Validation test plan/protocols, executing V&V activities, generating and analyzing test reports
- Understanding of global medical device regulatory environments and clearance processes.
- Good communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
In return, we offer you
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top