Senior System Architect
Job TitleSenior System Architect
We welcome you to join Volcano a Philips Company as a Sr. Systems Architect in our Rancho Cordova, CA location.
In this role, you have the opportunity to work with a cutting edge product line - IGT Devices is part of the Philips Image Guided Therapy (IGT) business group.
As the Sr. Systems Architect, you will direct and define the architecture of our intravascular imaging and functional measurement consoles. As such the architect play a key role in setting the vision of our futures consoles. The successful candidate will be an accomplished technical expert capable of leading system architecture activities to meet user needs, business objectives, and regulatory/safety standards (e.g. cost, size, reliability, maintainability, power, upgradability).
You must be able to interface with end users and internal stakeholders to fully capture the scope of the system architecture, the implications on components, and the deployment environment. Collaborate with other technical experts, architects, and System Engineers to understand and assess the available technological options.
As the ideal candidate, you must be a self-starter with broad medical system expertise and a track record of consistently delivering high quality system architecture and design results.
You are responsible for
- Interface with the clinicians, sales, service, manufacturing and other stakeholders in order to determine their (evolving) needs
- Generate the highest level of system requirements, based on the user's needs and other constraints
- Ensure that this set of high level requirements is consistent, complete, correct, and operationally defined
- Perform cost–benefit analyses to determine whether requirements are best met by manual, software, or hardware functions; making maximum use of commercial off-the-shelf or already developed components
- Partition large systems into (successive layers of) subsystems and components each of which can be handled by a single engineer or team of engineers or subordinate architect
- Interface with the design and implementation engineers and architects, so that any problems arising during design or implementation can be resolved in accordance with the fundamental design concepts, and user needs and constraints
- Ensure that a maximally robust design is developed
- Generate a set of acceptance test requirements, together with the designers, test engineers, and the user, which determine that all of the high level requirements have been met, especially for the computer-human-interface
- Generate products such as sketches, models, an early user guide, and prototypes to keep the user and the engineers constantly up to date and in agreement on the system to be provided as it is evolving
- Ensure that all architectural products and products with architectural input are maintained in the most current state and never allowed to become obsolete.
You are a part of
Our solutions combine navigational tools such as catheters and guide wires with advanced software to help confirm the optimal treatment at the point of care: measurement technology, procedure-specific application support and on-board imaging and monitoring with improved anatomical and functional information to optimize therapy delivery. The IGT Devices organization consists of three segments: Coronary, Peripheral Vascular and Electrophysiology.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Computer Engineering, a Master's of Science Biomedical Engineering or an advanced degree in the Biological Sciences is desirable
- The ability to communicate effectively both in writing and in face to face conversation in English, other language skills are a plus, but explicit English is required
- Experience as an engineer in manufacturing support and experience in Design Development is preferred
- Exposure to or understanding of a technical services level position, such as a technician, field service, and or manufacturing
- A broad interest in Science, Physics, Biology, Medicine, and Engineering outside of specialty is helpful
- Open to new concepts, yet skeptical of all
Required Technical Skillsets
- Electronic analog and digital hardware design skills and processes and/or mechanical design skills and the use of CAD software is important. Knowledge about materials and methods used for forming and fabricating electronics devices is helpful
- Deep understanding of Computers, Computer Hardware, and the tradeoff in cost and functions between manufacturers and components. Understanding the limitations of computational resources is required
- Software skills sufficient to create FPGA code, low level software for bootloaders and simple functional test code are helpful
- A good understanding of ultrasound physics and mathematics or at least Radar and/or Optical physics and the propagation of energy through space
- If not already, you shall become intimately familiar with Medical Development regulations as in FDA 21 CFR part 820, ISO 13485, ISO 14791, The Medical Device Directive, Safety as in EN60601-1 and EMC as in EN60601-1-2 and subordinate regulations
- Knowledge of the Hospital Cath-labs and Surgeries and the requirements therein
In return, we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips – working cross functionally with R & D, on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people's lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top