Senior SW Architect
- Gainesville, FL
Senior SW Architect
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Advance our complex, Pinnacle³ solution from a legacy software into a modernized offering. Pinnacle³ is an interactive treatment-planning tool that has a reputation for performance, reliability and an intuitive planning environment that simplifies workflow.
Challenge yourself to lead the cultivation of architecture and mentorship priorities to address mission critical software development with the goal of creating an extensible and flexible platform for Cancer Treatment. The completion of this work requires specialized software engineering and design capabilities that are part of our core competency, which makes us successful in market and industry.
You are responsible for
- Applying a broad understanding of new technologies and be the champion to drive technology refresh within legacy application.
- Understanding the treatment planning systems and work with clinical experts within the team to develop software architecture and application changes
- Developing planning software using existing platform and languages
- Participating and performing technical reviews and code review with external stake holders and within software development team
- Perform as a Lead to mentor and guide software team members
- Defining and improve procedures for software development lifecycle to ensure our software development procedures are compliant with quality management standards.
- Eliminate waste and lean the process of software development within the team by adopting accurate documentation, new tools, technologies and improving ways of working.
- Promote practices and tools to improve unit and system testability
- Perform their duties as required by Philips Quality Management Systems
You are a part of
A global R&D team that creates products and solutions for the Radiation Oncology customer. You contribute to a portfolio of solutions to help enable a confident path to treatment focused on the key areas of imaging and simulation, treatment planning, and tumor follow-up and response, including products such as; Philips iPatient for Big Bore CT, Philips Ingenia MR-RT platform,IQon Spectral CT Elite, IntelliSpace Portal 10 and Pinnacle³ 16.2 with Auto-Planning.
Fast, accurate and interactive treatment planning tools have made Pinnacle³ a leader in radiation treatment planning. With a reputation for performance, reliability and a flexibility Pinnacle³ has become the product of choice for many leading cancer centers globally and a flagship for our customers.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Minimally a Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or similar field - Masters is preferred
- A minimum of 8+ years experience in software development and/or design oriented concepts
- Experience as a Team Lead or Influential Engineer as a Senior Engineer
- Proficient experience with C++ , Python and Linux (Solaris is also preferred)
- Environmental knowledge as a User or Developer with modern technologies such as; Microservices, CI / CD technologies (IE: Docker, Jenkins, etc.)
- Collaboration and partnership in a global division or multi-geo set-up is needed
- Preferable Candidates have knowledge of building testing frameworks using Squish, Selenium or Jbehave
- Healthcare experience is highly desired and Oncology Domain experience is a plus
* Company relocation benefits will provided for this position to Gainesville Florida.
In return, we offer you
Engagement within the advancing industry of Medical Technology and cancer care . A key position to drive next stage of f ast, accurate and interactive treatment planning and its integration to whole cancer care continuum within our global organization.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top