Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
Job TitleSenior Supplier Quality Engineer
Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
You are responsible for
Implement Quality Engineering, Purchasing Controls and Supplier Quality processes related to the development, procurement and continuous improvement of manufacturing materials, components, software, sub-assemblies, contract manufactured finished devices/products or services, and their introduction into Philips supply chain. Ensure compliance to regulatory requirements and/or procedures for regulated products/processes. Ensure raw material and component specs and drawings are translated to supplier quality requirements, qualify suppliers, assess metrics of whether supplier products meet quality specifications, and audit suppliers critical to quality processes. Ensure that validations are completed where specified, and control plans exist to ensure the sustained quality and compliance of supplied raw materials and components. Ensure correction and prevention activities of suppliers are timely and effective.
- Independently Produces and completes Supplier Quality Engineering related activities and documentation.
- Completes Qualification of materials and components (including spare parts), development/ improvement of supplier processes for CtQ's, supplier process control plans; ensuring that the supplied part meets specifications, and the control limits/tolerances for CtQ parameters are met.
- Qualifies and sustains sub-processes of suppliers, including performing process validations for critical supplier processes impacting part quality.
- Ensures that the components/products at the supplier (including spare parts and services) are released according agreed specification and quality requirements (MQA/APQP / PPAP), and SQ audit results.
- Executes SCAR management, effective and timely closure and Review/risk assessment of QN's and their escalation to SCARs where needed.
- Independently works to deploy common approaches and working methods to drive ''One Philips'' towards Supply Base in the assigned BG or Market.
You are part of
This position resides in the Sleep & Respiratory Care Business Group, a business group of Philips HealthTech. We are highly dynamic, ambitious and agile within a fast changing industry.
Our vision is to work hand-in-hand with our clinical and consumer customers to transform the personalized healthcare market to meet the significant demands caused by the increase of chronic conditions and an aging society. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for consumers and patients through better awareness, diagnosis, treatment, monitoring, and management of their conditions.
Skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Current certification with a recognized Accreditation body (i.e., RAB-QSA/IRCA) or successful completion of ASQ certification as a Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) and Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) or Certified Biomedical Auditor or successful completion of a recognized Lead Auditor course is preferred.
- 8-10 years of total industry experience 4+ years of related experience in a medical device or regulated industry.
- Working knowledge of appropriate global medical device regulations, requirements and standards such as 21 CFR Parts 803, 806, and 820, ISO13485, ISO14971, European Medical Device Directive (93/42/EEC), Canadian Medical Devices Regulation (SOR/98-282), Japanese MHLW Ordinance 169, and ISO 9001.
- Experience in root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action methods.
- Expertise/experience in problem solving with quality tools such as: 6-sigma / 8-D / CAPA / FMEA/ 5WHY etc.
- Good knowledge of production/quality development and control methods; CtQ definition, DfSS, SPC, APQP, FMEA, Control Plans, etc.)
We offer you
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what's next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top