Senior Software Engineer( Embedded Systems)
Job TitleSenior Software Engineer( Embedded Systems)
Automatic External Defibrillator Product Development
Join us designing the life-saving equipment needed to increase sudden cardiac arrest survival rates from the unnecessarily low 8% nationally to rates of over 60% survival like King County, WA. We work in a place where survivors come and thank us for doing our jobs.
With access to the right equipment and support, everyone can help save a life. Philips AED solutions with Life Guidance act as your personal coach to guide you through a cardiac emergency with a simple, step-by-step process. Adaptive instructions and intelligent sensors keep you on track to automatically deliver the right therapy, helping give you the confidence to lead the way to save a life.
Come be part of this innovative group.
Senior Software Engineer (Embedded Systems)
What you will be doing:
- Participate in the development of embedded software including requirements definition, design, implementation, testing, and documentation
- Participate in identifying and implementing white box testing approach
- Work with research, marketing, and end users to refine requirements
- Create products according to the specifications and software development process
- Create engineering documentation to comply with product development policies, practices and procedures
What you need:
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Working knowledge of embedded application development, develop, test, and deploy application on custom hardware/devices
- Working knowledge of C and C++
- Working knowledge of real time systems
- Good understanding of, and interest in, development of software in a controlled regulated environment
- Understanding of Object Oriented concepts
- Ability to work independently or on a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 7+ years working experience
- Good learning aptitude
- Medical industry experiences (Class III preferred)
- Med device white box level testing experience
- Hard and Soft Real Time requirements, scheduling and analysis.
- Object Oriented design patterns and their appropriate applications.
- Wireless communication technologies
- Security and encryption for connected devices
- Test automation software tools
- User experience design
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today! Not yet ready to apply? That's okay! Learn more about us by joining our Talent Network on LinkedIn or following us on Twitter at @PhilipsJobsNA.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top